Text Box Display any letter from keyboard or keyboard (image) hotspots..

Started by Slasher, Tue 14/11/2017 10:52:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

Hi

Text Box question I'm trying to implement.

3 Text Boxes in view... I want to add one char to each one..

Enabling / Disabling Text Boxes done.

Any Text Box should display the character typed input a,b,c etc etc so the input can be any letter and not just specific.

Once all the text boxes have a letter a check can be made.

I just need a way to input ANY letter into each Text Box and also via Hotspots as an alternative method.

cheers

Cassiebsg

Text boxes take any character that you input unless you tell it otherwise (as far as I remember).

If you problem is that you have 3 text boxes that are visible and usable at the "same time", then you need to disable 2, cause you can only type in one at once (I had this problem on my BSG game, to allow the player to select music tracks) - assuming this is what you are asking about, sorry if it's something else.

The way I solved it, was: enable the text box you want to enter the value, save that value to a variable, clear the text box's text. disable this TB and open the next, enter the text, save it to a new variable... repeate. If you want the player to be able to see what he wrote on the previous box, just write the string variable to a label.

Hope this helps.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Snarky

There's a brilliant module by SSH that takes care of that work for you, Cassiebsg: MultiTextBox! Just import it and it works quite automatically, by what I assume must be dark magic. (You have to make one small change since the number of GUIs is now unlimited, but other than that it works great. I'd nominate it, along with Tween, as one of the must-have AGS modules.)

Anyway, I don't think that's the problem Slasher is having, although I don't really understand what actually is.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk