"Cookies" message on top of the page does not go away

Started by Click'd, Mon 28/01/2019 05:22:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Click'd

I keep clicking on "Okay" but that does nothing.

EDIT: I followed the link to the cookie policy and clicked on that "Okay" button, which worked. So, why is the nonfunctional button even there?

Snarky

Are you blocking scripts? I found that on one of my browsers I had to add an exception to my blocker for the button to work.

AGA

There's plenty of stuff on this site that won't work if you block scripts, that included.  With scripts enabled it should work on both the forums and the main site.  If it doesn't with scripts enabled, and you can reproduce it, please let me know.

Privateer Puddin'

It (the OK button) originally popped up on the left un-styled for me. Had to CTRL F5 and it appeared in the middle and styled for me to be able to click it.

Click'd

Quote from: AGA on Mon 28/01/2019 07:16:00
There's plenty of stuff on this site that won't work if you block scripts, that included.  With scripts enabled it should work on both the forums and the main site.  If it doesn't with scripts enabled, and you can reproduce it, please let me know.
Like I said, it's gone now. The other "okay" worked without a problem, with the same settings.

AGA

Quote from: Privateer Puddin' on Mon 28/01/2019 07:27:03
It (the OK button) originally popped up on the left un-styled for me. Had to CTRL F5 and it appeared in the middle and styled for me to be able to click it.

The styling depends on new CSS, so probably you needed to hard refresh for it to be loaded. Until that only the PHP, which isn't cached, would be loaded.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk