Wilfred:2088 (MAGS Feb. 2018)

Started by HanaIndiana, Wed 28/02/2018 07:06:19

Previous topic - Next topic

HanaIndiana

Wilfred:2088
A very short one-room game for Feb. MAGS 2018.

It's the future, and a transport spaceship's A.I. wakes to find everyone on board unconscious. She can't do much as the computer, but
luckily she finds she's not alone.

[imgzoom]http://underfootstudios.com/ags/pic/ship.png[/imgzoom]

Download Link:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2242/

Includes music, sound, voice... and possibly bugs :P

TheFrighter

An A.I. as main character? Amusing!

_

Khris

That was awesome, and really cute! Go play this game!

selmiak

This game is cool! :-D

Walkthrough with ALL SPOILERS! ...but just click it and pause for the clicks :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN5myvDuigY

Kini

A really delightful little game. I didn't come across any bugs. It seemed very polished to me. I've never played as an AI before either, so that was very cool. The voice acting was also strong.

All in all, the whole thing worked really well and was good fun. Great job! :)

Mandle

Just played through and it was really cute and fun!

I did find one slight glitch:

After game end if you choose not to exit the game the bottom interface bar is still available for use.

Slasher

Hi HanaIndiana

I thought you did the graphics very well and I like the story and of course the cat (laugh)..

Game play wise it was quite good, though I did not particullay like the mouse.SetBounds part..

Overall I enjoyed the game, which could have been made in less than a week.. but I'll forgive you (nod)..

All in all a nice little game...

selmiak: Hints and Tips would be a better place, don't you think?

selmiak

some explanation for the mouse.setbounds would have been nice, like a short range laser or so. I tried luring the cat close with the laser right from the start. But would this message pop up every time you move the mouse out of the bounds? then it would have been annoying. maybe with a timer on repeated steps over the bounds.
@ slasher: feel free to spread the vid to the hints and tips!

HanaIndiana

Excellent points slasher and selmiak. There are definitely better solutions than setting the mouse bounds. I was hoping maybe it wouldn't be so noticed?... oops. That was pure laziness on my part, I admit. :)
As the end of the month grows closer I take many shortcuts.

SarahLiz

Cute game!  Well done for such a short amount of time!  Wilfred the Wonder Cat!  :-D

dbuske

Need help. Can't get the cat out!
Finally saw the video. Good voice acting.
Would make a good Nancy Drew
What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears...

Hobo

What a neat concept for a game. Considering it's basically an one room adventure, it had quite a lot to offer. Great voice acting and writing, as usual from your games, and it's also nice to see the pixel skills improving with each MAGS release. If anything, then I'd probaly work on the UI a bit and make it more streamlined. The less clicks and cursor movement it takes to navigate and open/close the windows the better it usually is.

And congrats on the MAGS win!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk