[MODULE] Custom WindowsText GUI (i can't run it)

Started by Narehop, Sat 07/04/2018 17:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Narehop

Hi everyone, at the first, sorry for my bad english. I'm going to try to explain me as well i can.

Today I found this module that it can custome our WindowsText Gui and maybe this is what I need to do my speech bubbles on my game.
--> Topic to download this module <--

But I've a problem with the code. When i install the scripts and run the game, it breaks. I'm so newbie coding anything but i've this problems to solve:

here i copy the original CODE:

Code: ags

// new module script

function Parler(this Character*,int Longueur,int Nb,  String TexteGui) {
if ((this.x>=0)&&(this.x<=400)&&(this.y>=0)&&(this.y<=300)) {
    Droite=this.x;
    Haut=this.y+30;
}
 if ((this.y>=301)&&(this.y<=600)&&(this.x>=0)&&(this.x<=400)) {
    Droite=this.x;
    Haut=this.y-280;
} 
 if ((this.x>=401)&&(this.x<=800)&&(this.y>=0)&&(this.y<=300)) {
    Droite=this.x-100;
    Haut=this.y+30;
} 
if ((this.x>=401)&&(this.x<=800)&&(this.y>=301)&&(this.y<=600)) {
    Droite=this.x-100;
    Haut=this.y-280;
} 

SetTextWindowGUI(Nb);
    DisplayAt(Droite, Haut, Longueur,TexteGui);
}

is this code working? i never see "droite" and "haut" in ags and i don't know what the f*** is (laugh)(laugh)

anyone can help me to make works this module? Thank you so much.

Crimson Wizard

This is french. "Droit" is "right", "Haut" is... "up" I think.

Just put this in the beginning of Parler function:

int Droite;
int Haut;

Anyway, the module is so tiny... one small function and two GUIs you can import. Not sure what it supposed to do.

EDIT: Oh, its just a way to switch between different GUIs to let each character has a separate one...

BTW, I honestly did not know there is function SetTextWindowGUI in AGS.

EDIT2: And it has hardcoded screen coordinates! And character's coordinates are not converted from room coords into viewport ones! Which means that module won't work in scrolling room.
I would not use it without doing some rewrite first.

Narehop

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sat 07/04/2018 17:13:14
This is french. "Droit" is "right", "Haut" is... "up" I think.

Just put this in the beginning of Parler function:

int Droite;
int Haut;

Anyway, the module is so tiny... one small function and two GUIs you can import. Not sure what it supposed to do.

EDIT: Oh, its just a way to switch between different GUIs to let each character has a separate one...

BTW, I honestly did not know there is function SetTextWindowGUI in AGS.

EDIT2: And it has hardcoded screen coordinates! And character's coordinates are not converted from room coords into viewport ones! Which means that module won't work in scrolling room.
I would not use it without doing some rewrite first.

i want to do this:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=52225.msg636583822#msg636583822

but i don't want to disturb Snarky so much... maybe he's busy to program some code for help me

Snarky

Hey Narehop, don't worry about disturbing me. I haven't had time to work on it during the week, but I've given it some thought, and I'll make a custom version of the module for you tomorrow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk