Check if characters talking.

Started by rmonic79, Tue 17/04/2018 12:25:42

Previous topic - Next topic

rmonic79

Hi guys i'm in a new game and i'm changing interface a bit so comes some new problem. now hotspot, object, character and inventory items name appears on cursor, i want to avoid that remains on screen while character talking.
Is there a way to check if any character in game is speaking without list all in an if statement?
i'm also need a check on the wait() command to avoid that label shows again during speech pause.
Thanks again to all of you for response.

Crimson Wizard

Perhaps, you need to disable that label when any blocking action takes place?

One trick I know is based on the fact that repeatedly_execute_always runs during blocking actions, and repeatedly_execute does not run during blocking actions. Also rep_exec_always runs before rep_exec. This means that you may disable your label in in repeatedly_execute_always (set empty string to the label.Text or set Visible = false) and restore it in repeatedly_execute.

rmonic79

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Tue 17/04/2018 15:07:48
Perhaps, you need to disable that label when any blocking action takes place?

One trick I know is based on the fact that repeatedly_execute_always runs during blocking actions, and repeatedly_execute does not run during blocking actions. Also rep_exec_always runs before rep_exec. This means that you may disable your label in in repeatedly_execute_always (set empty string to the label.Text or set Visible = false) and restore it in repeatedly_execute.

Great suggestion, now is allin rep_always, i'll try it asap, it could work with custom dialogue, say, and wait function that disable label. Thanks :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk