Trying out MonoAGS (AGS 5 candidate) : journal

Started by Monsieur OUXX, Wed 02/05/2018 14:56:42

Previous topic - Next topic

tzachs

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Sun 13/05/2018 02:08:46
Based on these sources, does anyone understand why the word "Loading" does not appear?
Submitted a PR with a fix (you didn't change the current room to the loading screen).

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Thu 10/05/2018 23:42:40
Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Thu 10/05/2018 23:34:25
- is the root folder the execution folder?

Either location of exe, or "current working directory", and TBH that's kind of annoying. I believe there should be a way to configure this.

I had to invent a trick, because path may be different depending on whether you run the game from Visual Studio or from explorer.
What I do is that I pass a part of path as a command line argument when debugging the game, as "../../Assets/". And in game code I assign this argument to a variable called "_baseAssetFolder", which I use to construct resource paths.

By default _baseAssetFolder is just "Assets/", so that you could put Assets folder to same directory where exe is, and run it normally.

My best hopes are that in the end this is what resource loader's implementation will be doing on its own. So that we would have to type just "Images/room.png" instead of "../../Assets/Images/room.png".
I'm pushing a fix for this tomorrow (assuming the build goes well). This is a breaking change as the resources paths are now passed without the "../../Assets" prefix (i.e the default root folder will be the assets folder and it should work no matter where you run the game from). Please read the PR description for more details and let me know if you have questions/reservations.

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX

SWEET! ;-D
Permission to copy?

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: tzachs on Sun 13/05/2018 05:50:53
Permission to copy?

Well duh (laugh);)

Here:
Code: ags

[url=https://tzachshabtay.github.io/MonoAGS/][img]https://bit.ly/2Ih2c15[/img][/url]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk