Author Topic: Echo in the Clouds (demo out)  (Read 507 times)

Echo in the Clouds (demo out)
« on: 06 Jun 2018, 22:27 »

Story:
After her colleague is taken off station because of a mysterious illness, Alawa Velasco is working double shifts on a old terraforming station. She won't be alone for too long...

Demo: Download the MAGS demo from here.
This demo version is actually still missing quite a few puzzles, interactions and story parts. So, I'd say that it's more of a proof of concept, than an actual finished and polished sample of the game, but hopefully it will give a little taste of the planned atmosphere, mechanics and visuals.

Team:
Hobo: design, scripting, writing, character sprites and animation
Pinback: background art and music
selmiak: environment animation, sound effects, additional design and writing
Myshkin: music

Estimated release date: 2018

Screenshots:

Re: Echo in the Clouds (demo out)
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jun 2018, 22:29 »
Loved the demo. How big is the final game going to be?

« Reply #2 on: 06 Jun 2018, 22:37 »
Loved the demo. How big is the final game going to be?
Hard to say at the momenent, it really depends how much time we want (or can spare) to put into it. I'm guessing that something between 30-45 minutes sounds like a reasonable goal, but we might add some branching paths, so maybe there's some replayability.

Cl...

• Don't listen to me.
    • I can help with play testing
    •  
    • I can help with proof reading
    •  
    • I can help with translating
    •  
« Reply #3 on: 06 Jun 2018, 23:44 »
The graphics are unmistakably Pinback's style. No idea if that is a good or a bad thing. Games can blur into each other this way. Looks good, though.

« Reply #4 on: 07 Jun 2018, 16:11 »
I enjoyed the demo very much, despite the missing story parts and rather limited puzzles. Atmosphere and artwork are superb and I really like to know how the story progresses. I hope you'll find the time to add all the things you have in mind.

« Reply #5 on: 07 Jun 2018, 18:21 »
Add spoiler tag for Hidden:
Really sad I didn't get my ice cream.:=
« Last Edit: 07 Jun 2018, 18:22 by Pling! »

selmiak

• ǝsıɔɹǝxǝ ʞɔǝu puɐ uıɐɹq
    • I can help with play testing
    •  
    • I can help with proof reading
    •  
    •  
    • I can help with web design
    •  
    • selmiak worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #6 on: 12 Jun 2018, 08:38 »
for those just interested but too lazy to play (which you should!) here is a longplay of the demo already

Creamy

• I can help with animation
    •  
    • I can help with characters
    •  
    • I can help with story design
    •  
    •  
    • Creamy worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
      Creamy worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
« Reply #7 on: 13 Jun 2018, 12:49 »
Well done! It was really immersive and piqued my curiosity.

Even if the demo is linear, the interface spurs me to think that we'll have to make choices at one point - both in dialogs and in actions.

« Reply #8 on: 17 Jun 2018, 19:24 »
Add spoiler tag for Hidden:
Really sad I didn't get my ice cream.:=
If you play your cards right in the full version, you'll defenitely get some :)

Even if the demo is linear, the interface spurs me to think that we'll have to make choices at one point - both in dialogs and in actions.
Yeah, I'm certainly planning a couple of branching paths and multiple solutions to some puzzles. There's already a bit of non-linearity in the order of doing (or skipping) some of the tasks and it will probably be even more prominent in the final version.

Thanks to everyone who have either played or watched or commented. As I said, the demo still needs some additional work and the whole game is not fully planned out yet, so all suggestions and feedback are very welcome and will help me to improve the game.

« Reply #9 on: 17 Jun 2018, 21:04 »
I had a quick look at the video (i have ps4 games still in cellophane wrapper, don't take it to heart!) and that looks sweet! I like the incidental background music, it reminds me of the music on Phatt Island in Monkey Island 2.It doesn't sound like it, it's just the way it's composed.