Age shown (wrongly) when no birth date set

Started by Click'd, Wed 01/08/2018 08:54:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Click'd

I didn't set a birth date in my profile and until recently the "age" line was just omitted because of this. Now I'm 1014 years old, apparently.

Cassiebsg

You're immortal! :-D Why complain?
Oh... you're afraid that your secret will be blown up and then other immortals will come for your head... I understand. (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Stupot

That would explain why Adeel is 1014 years old today. I thought he'd put that as a joke.

Click'd

Does 1014 mean anything in computing? I know about the start of the UNIX time in 1970 but what was in 1004?

Privateer Puddin'

Blake is going to be 2013!

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=222

Don't know if that's because he was already 1000 years old already..

Snarky

It probably just means that 14 years ago, the age of people without birthdates was set to 1000.

Adeel

Quote from: Stupot on Wed 01/08/2018 09:50:22
That would explain why Adeel is 1014 years old today. I thought he'd put that as a joke.
Today is indeed my birthday, but I didn't put year in. Forums set my age to 1014, and I thought it was rather funny so I didn't change it. (laugh)

Click'd

Adeel, there can only be one! *unsheathes katana*
:-D :-D :-D

tzachs

Come on CI, don't be like that. Think back, you were best friends in the class of August 1022.
I think it's time to forgive him for that time he borrowed your carriage and broke it.

And also, happy birthday, Adeel!

Click'd

Well, at least now I know about Aethelred the Unready. Had to look up 1004 on wikipedia and went on a binge from there.

AGA

If it's a bug (rather than a deliberate feature or easter egg), it's one in the core SMF software.

Today is also my 17 year anniversary of using AGS, so hooray for that.

Cassiebsg

Congratulations AGA, you are almost an adult. (laugh)

EDIT: Out of curiosity I went and checked my profile (I don't have a bday set either) and can see that the link to my Avatar is blank (even though the site still knows where my avatar is) and my bday is now set to 0001-01-01... This means if I went and updated my profile now, I would also become a very old immortal person on this forum (roll) not to mention having to re-add the url to the avatar...
So my best guess is that one of the latest updates has forced the age thing and cleared the Avatar (something ppl have been complaining for a while now). Wonder if the update "broke" other stuff too?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Adeel

Quote from: Cl... on Wed 01/08/2018 12:24:02
Adeel, there can only be one! *unsheathes katana*
:-D :-D :-D
While I was slacking off on IRC, you were studying the blade. I wouldn't last a minute! :-D

Quote from: tzachs on Wed 01/08/2018 13:37:14
And also, happy birthday, Adeel!
Thank you, tzachs. :-D

Quote from: AGA on Wed 01/08/2018 17:06:18
Today is also my 17 year anniversary of using AGS, so hooray for that.
Congratulations! This means you were 15 when you started using AGS. That's an impressive commitment!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk