MAGS November "Scarecrows" (CLOSED)

Started by Stupot, Thu 01/11/2018 13:23:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Whatââ,¬â,,¢s your favourite game of MAGS November?

Scarecrow and his Quest to Find a Brain
0 (0%)
Black Friday
7 (46.7%)
Blooded Fields
5 (33.3%)
The Strawman Augment
1 (6.7%)
Strawman Bombing Disposal
1 (6.7%)
Sniper and Spotter Climbing a Tower
0 (0%)
The Wicked Witch of the West
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: Sun 23/12/2018 06:36:11

Slasher

Quote from: Blondbraid on Wed 28/11/2018 12:00:48
My entry is playable from start to finish now, but I still have to add background music
and try and add a bit more interactivity and polish, but I think I'll finish within time.
Brilliant (nod)

Danvzare

Somewhere in Maine, five teenagers decided to spend the night at a farm. To goof off and have fun, as teenagers do. But little do they know that they're being watched by an evil entity intent on doing them harm.

Soon they find themselves being killed off, one by one. Will any of them survive?

Black Friday is a homage to slasher movies in the form of a point and click adventure game.

VampireWombat

Of all the slasher movies based on holidays, Black Friday is one of the last I would have expected. Unless it involved mauling at a mall...

There's a 50/50 chance of if I actually get anything finished before the deadline.

Durinde

It's looking like I'll have "something"... I just have to wire up the last puzzle and create the images for a couple of inventory items. It's going to be super basic, as I won't have time to really do much in terms of polish and I doubt I will have time to do a title screen. The puzzles aren't anything to write home about, but I think I've made them logical.

Hope to plug in a little bit of music though.

Nr. 2698

Blooded Fields

[...]There's been a murder in Beckenshire, and you've been called in to solve it.
Hunt down clues, interrogate witnesses and suspects, and form a theory as to who is the murderer, in this point and click adventure with a gameboy-themed palette.
Developed by 3 guys in the course of a month for a monthly competition.[...]

https://bani-gala.itch.io/blooded-fields?fbclid=IwAR1bmui8sy5KOv6kcDOzunHuvsvUA9yRBLpAgby_N1V-g1petwttROd95E4

Hi everyone,

we would proudly announce you our contribution for this month MAGS.
We worked as an team, where everybody had his own department.
I had the idea for the game and made the arts.
Dan Vzare made the additional story writing, dialogues and puzzles,
and Babar made the scripting and additional dialogues.

Barbar and me started last month an attempt making a game, but we wasnt able to create something out of the inside of a cockoo clock.
So we started this month with a new one, my first adventure i made ever. After having the idea we get Dan onboard, who wrote brilliant dialogues and puzzles.
So the thing was growing and we was very disciplinated while working on the game. Were a great team.

Hope you enjoy! :)

ZapZap

Cool looking entries!
We (HandsFree & me) are struggling with finishing on time, we would like to ask for a little extension, at least till the end of sunday? (2nd Dec).
We won't even have time to recruit external betatesters...

This is how it's looking more or less...

Pleease? :-[:~(
"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

Durinde

The Strawman Augment

[/img]

Story:
"While on a relaxing cruise of the galaxy, you break down on a backwater world. To repair your ship, you will have to use a nanomachine controlled body to explore the world and gather the materials needed to leave this backwater dirtball."

Known Issues
I ended up using the default two-click GUI, which ended up looking a bit funky.

Etc
I moved to a new job thos month, so  I lost a week of being able to work on it. The game ended up being pretty straightforward and rather short with a lot of puzzles cut due to time. 
All the non-default assets were made by me.
Music Track by Eric Matyas - soundimage.org

Download
Download LINK

morganw

Quote from: Cleanic on Thu 29/11/2018 01:47:45
We won't even have time to recruit external betatesters...
I'll test it, if you can PM me a link.

VampireWombat

I second the extension. It would give me time to actually make something playable. Tomorrow's deadline would mean only one location and possibly a whack a mole type mini game. Having the weekend to work would mean being able to have actual dialog and a conflict to resolve.

Slasher

Hi VampireWombat

If I can help in any way....

VampireWombat

Thanks, but I'm not sure anyone could help me too much at this point. I'll just have to see what I can get done by whatever deadline is final.

Mandle

STRAWMAN  BOMBING  DISPOSAL

You are crossing a Washington D.C. road when a truck pulls away revealing something shocking.

This game is not meant to be easy. Only a very few will probably have the patience to complete it.

The game starts and ends suddenly as I wanted it to feel like you are abruptly thrown into a situation and then right back out of it.

You can click to skip a bunch of diaglog and/or cutscenes to cut to the chase, but I would advise you to listen to and watch everything all the way through at least once.

There is no save game function or checkpoints system at this time but once you know how to solve a puzzle it is pretty easy to repeat the solution within a few seconds.

I will be making a Tips And Hints thread of my own for the game so I would appreciate it if noone else does so for now.

Controls: Mouse only + ESC to hard-quit from the game.

DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SAVE WASHINGTON?!

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE GAME

Mandle

WOW!

Looks like an amazing selection of entries this month!

I'm going to post feedback here and update this post as I play through the games:

Black Friday
Spoiler
This was the game that grabbed my attention first as I love horror movies, and it did not disappoint!

From the initial twist about which character I was going to play, to the assorted horror-movie tropes throughout the game, I was completely entertained!

The voice acting was very funny and unexpected as well. A slight shame that one actor did a great performance but the audio quality let it down a bit, but still very enjoyable.

The mouthed sound effects were charming and gave me a great laugh!

A great game which has already raised the bar for me.

Can't wait to see what the other entries have in store, but they will have to be pretty good to beat this one for me!
[close]

Bloodied Fields
Spoiler
Loved the gameboy palette. Loved the feeling of the detective story.
There was a glitch where I hadn't heard from the farmer yet about the manor owner paying him to do some dirty work but the game assumed I had when I was questioning the manor owner.
The "spying the safe code from the rooftop" puzzle needed a little more exposition than "I see the code it's 3-5-2" (not the actual code). The character should at least say that the manor owner is approaching the safe and opening it and that he can now see the code. A cutscene would be nicer but, MAGS time limits and all.
At the end of the game I hadn't collected every piece of evidence needed for the final quiz but I could still solve it because the correct options were fairly obvious when compared to the false ones. The correct options were carefully written while the false ones seemed kind of tacked on.
A great game though, which deserves to be developed further to round off some rough edges IMO.
[close]
[/size][/font]

Slasher

Slasher

I've played some mag games that were quite good this month...

In fact, short but enjoyable (nod)

Well done guys (nod)

Stupot

Seems like a good selection of games this month. Thanks for all the entries so far and for any more that might be coming. I'm likely to be quite busy over the weekend so I'll be setting up the voting on Monday. You can still make a start playing the games and thinking about who to vote for. If anyone needs the weekend for extra bug-fixing etc then go for it.

Danvzare

I fixed some minor bugs Slasher pointed out yesterday, and included a special thanks to him in the credits. :-D

There's one bug where the mouse active inv suddenly comes off. I've not encountered it myself yet, and I probably won't be able to fix it before the cutoff date tomorrow because I have no idea what could even be causing it. So if anyone encounters it, please tell me everything you can, so I can try and fix it after the contest if over.

VampireWombat

Good. Now I don't have to limit myself to the whack-a-crow game and the Dough War can commence. King Kleaver thanks you.

Blondbraid

I've just finished and uploaded my entry:
Sniper and spotter climbing a tower

Olga and Ivan go out on a sniping mission, but little do they know of what they'll find.

Here's the download link:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2307/

I didn't get time to play test it with other people, but if there is any problems
please let me know so I can have them fixed this weekend!

Mandle

Thank you so much Wiggy for discovering a logic flaw in one of the puzzles in my game!

A new, fixed version has just been uploaded and I apologize to all who downloaded the flawed version and would like to ask you all to re-download the fixed version at the same link.

Sorry for the trouble from me using brain wrong. (laugh)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk