LEC is no more.

Started by Scummbuddy, Wed 23/04/2003 15:27:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Scummbuddy

http://www.mixnmojo.com/ states that LucasArts Entertainment Company is no more.   Well, its just had a name change.  No longer will it be called LucasArts Entertainment Company... but now... LucasArts.  But the full name is LucasArts, a Lucasfilm Ltd. Company.  

No longer will you be allowed to call it LEC, but LA or LAALFLC is the way to go.

You will be flamed for not adhering to the new acronyms now stated.  You have been warned.
;)
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Privateer Puddin'

oh well, shit happens.

TerranRich

Great. I was gonna call one of the places in my game "H.E.C." as a parody, but now it'd be pointless. Dammit. :P Guess I'll call it something else now...

* TerranRich considers a parody of "LucasArts"...but fails miserably.

DGMacphee

Bah -- Uncle George has so much cash he can change it to whatever he wants.

"Holy crap! I just found a 2 million dollars in my breadbox! Time for a name change!"

ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

remixor

What the hell?  How random.  Maybe this is how the company has stayed alive so long, they just change their name around a bit and it stays fresh.

...or not.  The name change is one thing, but this merger rather frightens me.  I know this isn't exactly news anymore, but I find it slightly worrying that, while licensing has never been something George is stingy about, it'll probably be even easier now.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Timosity

I've noticed in a few older games it has LucasArts LLC

which is what you just mentioned, I think in GF and CMI it's called that already so it can't be that new.

Esseb_

Last Crusade was made by LF.
Grim Fandango by LEC.
Sam and Max 2 will be made by LA.

Which brings me to the question, can YOU adhere to the guidelines Scummbuddy? A certain thread springs to mind.

Scummbuddy

Thats why I also wrote LA in the subject title.  If I just wrote LA, then no one would know what I was talking about, nor would they care to look or reply to the thread....  ;D
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

rodekill

Speaking of which, Full Throttle 2 is looking incredibly horrible! What a surprise!
Not only do the graphics look like, five years out of date, but the genii who came up EMI are involved!
I am lactating with anticipation!
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

remixor

Quote from: rodekill on Thu 24/04/2003 01:03:13
Speaking of which, Full Throttle 2 is looking incredibly horrible! What a surprise!
Not only do the graphics look like, five years out of date, but the genii who came up EMI are involved!
I am lactating with anticipation!

I can't bloody believe it.  It's the ugliest piece of ass I've seen in ages, Ben is SMILING of all things, and the press release has things like "over 40 strategically placed weapons"--what the hell is this!?  I don't know if it's wrong to hate a game this far in advance, but I do.  
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Helm

Send stenchie after them :(

Leave Ben alone!
WINTERKILL

Yahtzee

My company kicked LEC's and Sierras companies buts.

Femme Stab Mode >:D

HOLY SHIT YAHTZEE IS BACK
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Trapezoid

Could be a false Yahtzee. Then again, looking at the profile... Who else could possibly know that Yahtzee speaks English? It must be him.

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Quote from: Yahtzee on Thu 24/04/2003 02:51:13
My company kicked LEC's and Sierras companies buts.

But would the real Yahtzee misspell butt? Would he? Stay tuned for next weeks episode to find out.

Oh yes, and would he put "Im back." in there instead of "I'm back."

Yahtzee

These forums haven't changed a bit. I can see that Trapezoid still has his witty sense of humor.

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Quote from: Yahtzee on Thu 24/04/2003 03:41:40
These forums haven't changed a bit. I can see that Trapezoid still has his witty sense of humor.

Would Yahtzee spell humor without a "u"? Hmm.

Yahtzee

I don't seem to remember you.

Trapezoid

And also, I seem to remember that I only really joined the forums after Yahtzee left. But I could be wrong.
In any case, welcome to AGSforums, person registered as Yahtzee.

AGA

You remember Trapezoid, but not ._.? Trap and ._. both joined after you left...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk