How to - Change an animation's size

Started by am, Sun 27/04/2003 20:47:50

Previous topic - Next topic

am

I would like my character to do an animation, this can happen anywhere in the game (autobot, transform :-).
When using views - the animation size has nothing to do with the character's size (changed using walable areas/regions).
Is there a way to set the animation's size or must I create a special character for this animation?

Ben

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but if you're animating a character, the animation will automatically to whatever size the walkable area is set to.. Or are you saying that you don't want the character to be scaled during this particular animation? If that's the case, then yes, you'll have to create a new character that's set not to scale, and put it in the right position using this script:

character[name].x = character[EGO].x;
character[name].y = character[EGO].y;

am

I want to do the animation according to the character's scale, but without creating a new character ...

Ben

Well, then there's no need to create a new character. Just animate your character the usual way and it should automatically be scaled correctly. I know it works if you do it through the script..

Hollister Man

You are talking about changing from one form to another? You need to create two walking animations for your character.  If I understand your transformers line, you want to go from walking to driving or something.

One should be the walking animation, with a special loop for the "transform to drive" animation.  The other should be the driving animation, with a special loop for "transform to walk."

Whenever you want to transform, simply run AnimateCharacter with the loop of the transform animation, and change the character's normal view number.  It wouldn't be too hard for a good coder, which I am not.

Allan
That's like looking through a microscope at a bacterial culture and seeing a THOUSAND DANCING HAMSTERS!

Your whole planet is gonna blow up!  Your whole DAMN planet...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk