Started by DinghyDog, Sun 27/04/2003 22:35:50

Previous topic - Next topic

DinghyDog

I can't seem to get this to work. It's in the room script here:

// room script file
function object0_a() {
SetObjectIgnoreWalkBehinds (0,1);
}

This function is in the help section, but it keeps telling me it's an "unidentified token" or whatever. Maybe I'm missing something. And yes, I'm using 2.55.

Thanks.

-DD
It's yer owld pal Dinghy Dog!!

Pumaman

SetObjectIgnoreWalkbehinds (0,1);

it's not a capital B

:)

DinghyDog

Hmm. Well then, the help section is wrong.

Thanks for clearing that up, Sir Chris, that'll do nicely.

-DD

*EDIT* It's not working. I must be doing something wrong. I want it to just ignore the walk behinds, because I can only see half of it, but I'm not sure of the syntax. Could someone help me? I can't put SetObjectIgnoreWalkbehinds by itself, so what do I put it in? Thanks.

miguel

same happened to me, beta3 fixed that. just wait for the final version

Pumaman

Quote from: DinghyDog on Mon 28/04/2003 00:49:45
Hmm. Well then, the help section is wrong.

What version are you using? The help file is right in the version I have here.

Quote*EDIT* It's not working. I must be doing something wrong. I want it to just ignore the walk behinds, because I can only see half of it, but I'm not sure of the syntax. Could someone help me? I can't put SetObjectIgnoreWalkbehinds by itself, so what do I put it in? Thanks.

I don't quite understand your question - as the help file says, if you want object 0 to ignore walk-behinds, then do:

SetObjectIgnoreWalkbehinds (0, 1);

DinghyDog

Well, supposedly that's supposed to work, but maybe I'm just retarded (pardon the usage). I've done exactly that, (placing it in my room script) and, well, it tells me that it's a "parse error" and that the function was "unexpected". I have no idea why.

If you want to know, I'm using the 2.55 beta 3.

-DD

Gilbert

Quote from: CJ on Mon 28/04/2003 22:02:08
What version are you using? The help file is right in the version I have here.

I'm not sure of the problem, but yes, there indeed is a mistake in the manual, in the example given by the function:

Example:

SetObjectIgnoreWalkBehinds (1,1);

will make object 1 ignore walk behinds

Pumaman

Quote from: DinghyDog on Tue 29/04/2003 04:50:27
Well, supposedly that's supposed to work, but maybe I'm just retarded (pardon the usage). I've done exactly that, (placing it in my room script) and, well, it tells me that it's a "parse error" and that the function was "unexpected". I have no idea why.

Could you copy & paste that part of the script out of the script editor and into a reply here so that we can see exactly what you have and spot what the problem is.

I'm not sure of the problem, but yes, there indeed is a mistake in the manual, in the example given by the function:

Example:

SetObjectIgnoreWalkBehinds (1,1);

Ah yes, sorry, I didn't check the example. I'll get that fixed.

DinghyDog

Sorry I didn't reply to this (like you care), I've been busy with extra curricular things.

Well, at the risk of looking a complete and total n00b if I've done something obviously wrong (everything I've scripted so far has worked out nicely, thank you very much, heh), all it is is just the room script with that line of code in it.

// room script file
SetObjectIgnoreWalkbehinds (0,1);

just like that. Maybe I should try just getting rid of the object and trying again.

-DD

EDIT: Okay, being the dumb*** that I am, I completely overlooked something, obviously. The whole "function room_a()" thing that I have even used BEFORE...
I don't know. Something just didn't click. Well, anyway, I fixed my own problem, so yeah.

Pumaman

The problem is you have just opened up the room script and written it straight in - so how does AGS know when to run your script? This isn't how it works.

You need to go into the Interaction Editor for the event that you want to trigger the script to happen, then add a "Run Script" response and put your code in there.

DinghyDog

yep. Right. Completely forgot.

-DD, the intermediate programmer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk