Request: Use left/right cursor keys to edit TextBox input?

Started by RickJ, Mon 28/04/2003 09:32:18

Previous topic - Next topic

RickJ

WOuld it be possible to refine the gui TextBox element so that the left and right arrow keys could be used to edit the input string?  Tis would make it operate the way most people have come to expect.  Thanks.

Pumaman

Interesting point. It would have to be an optional feature of course, because in AGI-style games the player expects to be able to have a text box and move the character with the arrow keys at the same time.

RickJ

Making it optional would be fine.  Maybe even let it be selectable from the script, for people who want to do fancy stuff.  A simple check box would work for me though.

What I am doing is poping up a little query box, as asking for some kinf of input.  While the query box is up I don't think the player character should be responding to the player anyway.  When the the box is closed then I would want to reconnect the arrow keys to the player's motion.  

I think I see your point though.  I think you are referring to the games that have a text entry box open all the time, and you communicate via a text parser, right?

This would make a nice option to have one of these days.    Thanks.    

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk