Some suggestions

Started by Spyros, Mon 05/05/2003 21:15:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Spyros

1. An option to save the game even if there's an error in the code.
Sometimes I make major changes in the global script and there's an error. Trying to track it down I get tired and want to close it and try after a while. Well if I close agsedit I will lose all the changes I have made and will have to make them again. You see the point?

2. You should put in the manual that StrGetCharAt command returns an integer and not a letter (the ascci code of the letter). It took me a while to find it out. Also that in the StrSetCharAt command you can also pass the result of the StrGetCharAt (an integer) and not only a letter.

Scummbuddy

1.  Like saving a copy to a pre-determined folder, and then we can set the intervenes that it saves automatically?  Would that be good?
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Jimi

It would have tobe seperate from the normal save, becasue you may want to know of the errors. But I like the idea!

RickJ

1.  Quick save was added recently to do this I believe...

Spyros

1.I think it just saves the game without making an exe. Does it save it even if it has errors?

I just tested it , it doesn't save :(

Pumaman

1. It's not really feasible because the file format means that it has to successfully compile the script in order to save it. You can always comment out the problem script and then save it, to come back to it later.

I do see the problem though, yeah.

2. well, it does return the letter, in that the ASCII code is the identification of the letter. You can do stuff like:

if (letter == 'A') {
}

to compare it and stuff, so it is also the letter at the same time.

But yes, chars are not really explained in the manual, that should be improved.

Spyros

Thanks, I had the output ascii number and I didn't know how to convert it to a character .

Pumaman

If you want to display it, you can also use the special "%c" code in Display, which displays the character represented by the ASCII value you pass to it. So you could do:

int letter = StrGetCharAt (string, 1);
Display("The letter was: %c", letter);

Spyros

Hmmm I 've never heard about %c

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk