LeChucks "Plato" error

Started by , Wed 07/05/2003 21:10:54

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

I don't know what map LeChuck was using, or Guybrush for that matter - but if you ever take a trip on the Windsor return Boat cruise down the River Thames, then you'll notice a very special place!

That's right! It appears those swashbuckling pirates took a turn off the Mediteranian sea and into the rat filled UK estuary...

:)
m0ds

Pumaman

LOL... did you go on said boat cruise, or just pick up the brochure? ;)

m0ds

I was applying for a job with the company. They sent me a package including brochures, information on the job etc but forgot to put the application form in the envelope. Eejits!

:)
m0ds

Andail

Who needs applications? Put a dead mouse in the chef's stew and you'll get the job easy as pie.

Nacho

I like that of Plato´s error, reminds me of Indy FoA. I´ve seen your webpage M0ds, I am looking forward to play your game!

But let me explain that there is a real Island in the Caribbean Sea called Monkey Island. It is a little island with no inhabitants which can be visited for taking photos. I dunno if Ron Gilbert knew of this, but it´s funny.

There is a webpage somewhere, If someone knows it, please post, I can´t find it.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

remixor

There's also a tiny little Monkey Island in some stupid city (it's more like a big rock than an island) somewhere that always comes up when I search for "Monkey Island"

EDIT: Ah, just now caught your "plato" comment.  Very clever ;)
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Evil

We had a monkey island in a park near-by until the monkeys swam the moat and jumped the fence :)

Grundislav

This is totally off topic, but the whole Plato thing reminded me.  A couple of weeks ago I had this dream and at the very end right before I woke up, Timothy Leary appeared and said "Plato! Plato! Plato!"  When I woke up I was thoroughly confused.

m0ds

LoL, sounds like some dream :P Not that I know who Dennis Leary is but I can only imagine its along the lines of Jimmy Saville jumping out and saying, "Deoxorybonucliec Acid! Deoxorybonucliec Acid! Deoxorybonucliec Acid!"

:) And yup, I was going to put "Lechuck's "Plato's ten fold error" (ala FoA) as the title but it sounded silly.

:P
m0ds

AGA

Denis Leary is a comedian. Timothy Leary however was a hippy bloke from the sixties/seventies, iirc.

Jimi

Do they have a theme park on there? :)

I can't believe it! I took a boat tour down the river thames, I may have the brochure somewhere!

Yes, there it is! Wicked! If you get the job there, you may get packs of adventure gamers flocking to your boat tours. Who knows, you might get a raise!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk