Background non-english fonts

Started by Pau, Tue 13/05/2003 13:01:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Pau

As you'll know, other langhages (Spanish in this case) need special characters, so I'm forced to use ttf fonts. But in order to make them readable I need to have background fonts.

So, where can I found true type fonts with their background font?

Or, how can I create them?

Is there any feature to automatic generate a border or a shadow for the font to make it readable?

Thanks
paused -- get the startup menu creator (version 1.1) for AGS games. (Use save target as..)

Proskrito

you can replace the special characters (like @, $ and ^) in a sci font and make them to look like á,é,ñ,etc.
Download SCI Studio http://www.bripro.com and you´ll be able to edit the fonts, or make your own ones.

Pau

Ok, that's a solution, but:

That special characters are used a lot, and changing them in the code would make game texts unreadable.

Other option is to export the texts and convert them before running the game, but it's a tedious task doing it each time the game is tested.

So my question was trying to know if there is any feature or ptrogram to make true type fonts readable (adding borders...).
paused -- get the startup menu creator (version 1.1) for AGS games. (Use save target as..)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk