How change view back?

Started by frenchy_117, Wed 21/05/2003 20:25:13

Previous topic - Next topic

frenchy_117

I have a problem. I have  it set up where the character changes view but i need to chan ge it back to the ORIGANAL view and not just back to view 1 or 2. ???
The game is good and i am ugly. dont ever expect the whole package. Thr road through life!!!

Jimi

well, just use the same command for changing it, but to the original view.

scotch

If you changed it to do an animation then waht it to change back to the original view you should use
ReleaseCharacterView (CHARID) I think

frenchy_117

you guys know what game i am making so here it is. I have it set upi so that you can pick a character on the game. i want it to go ack to the origanal or else the girl in the car, when she ggets out then she would become a guy so i want it to origanl!!! not just a veiw i want the ORIGANEL!!!
The game is good and i am ugly. dont ever expect the whole package. Thr road through life!!!

Timosity

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but to change characters you can do this

SetPlayerCharacter(char2);
character[char1].room = 0;// this is just a room that you probably won't enter, i think it can even be -1

character[char2].x = 313;
character[char2].y = 181;

which changes player characters and sets the characters position.
otherwise I can't see any problems with just setting the character to what ever view you want.

frenchy_117

THis is my problem. I have it where you pick your own character at the bigining of the game. Now i also have it set up where the character becomes a car and i can have it set so that if you pick character 1 then you will change back to character 1 but if you character 2 and you get out of the car view then you will turn into character 1.

miguel

how many characters are there?
use this script function to determine wich character is the playercharacter:

SetPlayerCharacter(char1);
  or
SetPlayerCharacter(char2);
 or
SetPlayerCharacter(car);
Working on a RON game!!!!!

frenchy_117

I am going to explain this the best i can. At the beggining of my game the character is invisible so the you can pick a different character(Just changes view). then you go through the whole game as that character.Ie. Bussinessman, Bikergirl, ect. But when you get into a taxi or get a job as a taxi then your veiw will change into the taxi. But my problem is i can only set it so that when you get out nomatter what you do your guy will change to the first view.(this case is the bussinessman) so how can i change the veiw back to the ORIGANAL(meaning the veiw the player picked). ??? ??? ???

Scorpiorus

Just use SetCharacterView() when your char represents a car and ChangeCharacterView() when he is a human.

player has chosen/changed his character:
ChangeCharacterView(EGO, 3);

player has got in a car (set temp view):
SetCharacterView(EGO, 5);

player has get out of a car:
ReleaseCharacterView(EGO);

Also when the player picks up a char you can use a global int to store it's current state (car, bussinessman, bikergirl, etc). Then you could check it later whenever you need.

-Cheers

frenchy_117

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk