I have three questions that are too long to type out here

Started by The Mongoose, Thu 22/05/2003 21:26:04

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mongoose

1. How do I run an animation that involves a character but that isnt the character walking, talking, or standing idle? For instance lets say the character gets an apple, how would I make the character eat the apple?

2. How do I make a main menu when the boots up with options such as "start game, restore game, etc."?

3. This I could probably figure this one out on my own, but while I'm here, how do choose the starting coordinates for a room that isnt the first room in the game?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I'm new. Thanks for reading.

Felipe

1) Make a new view of your character eating the apple then call it passing its number as a parameter.

2) Just draw the Main Menu as you want it to be then put it as the background image; then draw hotspots over where the "buttons" would be.

3) Use NewRoomEx for that:
QuoteNewRoomEx
NewRoomEx (int room_number, int x, int y)

Identical to NewRoom, except that the player character is placed at co-ordinates (X,Y) in the new room.
Example:

NewRoomEx(4,100,50);

will move the player character to room 4 and also place him at coordinates 100,50.
See Also: NewRoom

Check the manual if you need further help with this or just answer here that we'll do our best to help you ;)
Don't blame me - I didn't know it!   (I have the feeling this will come handy...)

-

Scummbuddy

1.  Check AnimateCharacter and parallel-type codes with that in the manual.

2.  Unless you are already using Intro.crm as a room file, you could use this for your startup screen.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk