transparency clickable?

Started by miguel, Sun 25/05/2003 12:13:53

Previous topic - Next topic

miguel

hello to all,
is it possible to turn the transparent parts of sprites (npc's, objects) to not-clickable?
if not, there's going to be a lot of croping!
thanks
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Scorpiorus

yes, check  pixel-perfect click detection in the game options panel.

miguel

I've done that, but I think it only goes for objects, I guess I'll have to crop all my sprites.
Btw, don't you think it's a good sugestion for a future AGS version?
thanks scorpioros

Ishmael

ìt should work for NPC's too, unless they are scaled... or?
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

miguel

yes they are scaled, doest it make a diference?

ThunderStorm

Sorry to step in here, but I have been wondering about a very similar thing: If you've got a GUI (background color 0) with a partly transparent Image, will clicks on the transparent parts count as a click on the GUI or not?

Ishmael

The pixel perfect click detecting only works on none-scaled characters... I think...

I think the GUI counts as a square area... It wont sorta show through...
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Scorpiorus

QuoteThe pixel perfect click detecting only works on none-scaled characters... I think...
The manual states it doesn't work correctly with the scaled ones. Not sure but maybe CJ got the option disabled at all for the scaled characters.

QuoteSorry to step in here, but I have been wondering about a very similar thing: If you've got a GUI (background color 0) with a partly transparent Image, will clicks on the transparent parts count as a click on the GUI or not?
Yes, it will. Setting the GUI not clickable allows to make it non-interactable but it will be entirely non-interactable though. You can use the ProcessClick() function to process click through the clickable GUI btw.

-Cheers

miguel

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk