Beta testing a large game

Started by Dave Gilbert, Mon 02/06/2003 15:08:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

Would you recommending testing it one section at a time?  Or should I wait until the game is complete before getting it tested?

Magintz away

I would reccomend testing it stage at a time, then when done fully test the whole thing... so do both.

But if you must choose i would reccomend test in stages.

I'm willing to do beta testing if you need it.

yeknomten

I say the best way is to test in parts, and then do a couple of tests when it's done to make sure everything is right. You can't miss a bug that way.
Also, find people to test the game.

Dave Gilbert

Cool.  The game is split up into three chapters/days, so it'll be easy to split up the testing that way.

I'm quite far from finishing the first segment yet, but I'll let y'all know once I do.  :)

LGM

I'll beta when you need me! :)

BOYD1981

i'm willing to beta test too, it's one thing i actually enjoy doing

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Quickstrike

"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Flippy_D @school

What kind of game requires this much labour? Making an epic, Dave? I look foward to it.

aussie

I'm also willing to beta. I also think testing by stages is important, because it's easier to cover all ground and thus find bugs. You can get a bit lost beta testing a full-length game...
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

Pet Terry

If it's about beta testing Bestowers of Eternity, then I would like to help. :)
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Vel

Femme Stab Mode >:D

I'll Beta for you if you still need more testers.
(muhahahaha)
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Dave Gilbert

* Dave Gilbert drowns in beta testers.

Thanks guys!  I'll definitely know where to turn when I'm ready to test it.  It won't be for awhile, though...

vbv

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk