Anyone know who made this background?

Started by AGD2, Tue 03/06/2003 07:34:19

Previous topic - Next topic

AGD2

Hey guys 'n girls,

Does anyone happen to know who created this Arabian style background:

It was posted on one of the AGS forums (critics lounge, maybe?) about a year or so ago. We were going to ask them if they wanted to help out with some background art for QFG2 VGA, but can't remember who posted it now!

If anyone knows who created it, or if YOU are this person, then please fire an email towards kqvga@hotmail.com and let us know. Thanks!

Privateer Puddin'

ThunderStorm

That picture was drawn and posted by Bitmap Dude.

m0ds

Yup, It was Bitmap Dude. He was once part of the FoY team but he never seemed to be around. I don't know his email address anymore but I do know that it took him about 4 months to create a quarter of a 300x200 background :P It is good art tho :)

m0ds

AGD2

Ah, ok. Thanks for the info guys.

And M0ds, that FoY project is looking fantastic!  :)

Bitmap Dude

Yo! yeah, that was me! I cant believe how you guys still have that picture floating around the net.. Anyhoo, my e-mail address is now jackhomer@comcast.net!

If this is to ask about working on QFG2 remake, i would actually help, (out of school now) perhaps even give my left nut to work with tierra!!

Jack

edmundito

Hey, this is kind of off topic, but AGD 2: How much do you work on a game (eg... King's Quest II VGA) per week? You guys are doing a much better job completing these games than I am. Share teh secret!  :P
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Gonzo

I'd offer my help if I was any good AGD2, but sadly I'm terrible at backgrounds. Just wanted to say, Quest For Glory 2 is one of my favourite adventure games (only discovered it this past year) and it's great your remaking it, can't wait to play it! I'm sure it'll be just as good as KQ2+VGA.

AGD2

netmonkey: Hmmm, good question. I'm not sure exactly how many hours exactly per week, suffice to say that it's quite a few. Most of the time it's just a matter of sitting down, working for hours at a time, regardless of motivation levels and working out of sheer willpower. Of course, that's not always easy when there's other things you'd rather be doing!

These days, I tend to do most work at night time. It's much less tempting to go outside and do other stuff when it's dark:) It helps to visualize the end result in your head constantly when working. Also, think of every scene you complete as another little portion of the game that's one step closer and will never need to be done again. Mind encouragment tricks like that really work! Also, you must drink tea. And if you don't like tea... then you must learn to like it! I think that's the biggest secret revealed right there.  8)

Gonzo: Thanks, I sure hope so. QFG2 VGA will probably be a lengthy and difficult game to make. But I'm hoping we can keep it faithful to the rest of the series.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk