upload the music?

Started by saanb, Fri 20/06/2003 06:01:23

Previous topic - Next topic

saanb

do i have to upload the music files onto the website the person downloads the game from in order for it to work? if not, i changed the music in my compiled folder so should i save the game and upload it again?

Scorpiorus

You needn't to upload the entire game if the music is the only thing you changed. What you should do after you have changed the music in game's folder is to click Rebuild VOX files. Thereby you'll have a new music.vox file updated in your compiled folder. It is the file that you should upload.

Quote from AGS manual:
NOTE: MP3 and OGG music files are not included in the exe. They will instead be built into a file called MUSIC.VOX when you click the "Rebuild VOX files" option in the editor. Since OGGs and MP3s override all other music file types, this allows you to have an Digital Music Pack which you can distribute seperately to your game. If it is present in the game directory it will be used, otherwise any other music available (eg. MIDI) will be played instead.

BTW, you shouldn't copy your music files into game\compiled folder! You have to copy them into the game folder instead! So after the rebuilding and compiling the game a music.vox appears in the game\compiled folder. That's the only file the game needs to play the music!
Exception is when you used PlayMP3File (string filename) function. In that case you also have copy all mp3 files which are played through that function!

-Cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk