What action changes one object to another?

Started by Breeta, Mon 23/06/2003 20:05:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Breeta

Howdy,
I made two pictures of the door, closed and open, then I made them objects. I am not sure what actions to assign to the objects. I want the door to change from closed to half-open when you click on it. It can remain half-open for the rest of the game. Please help!
Thanks,
Bree

Breeta

Thanks but I never saw anywhere that said Object on/off...
But I did figure it out, in case anyone else cares what I did was assign these actions to object 0 (the closed door);
Interact Object-
 Object - Remove object from the room (object 0)
 Object - Switch object back on (object 1)
Also I made the open door pic object 1, and un-checked the box that said 'Object is intially visable'.
If you are going to reply to a question please be specific like this. Otherwise it is no help at all.
Peace,
Bree

Proskrito

This is the question:
QuoteI am not sure what actions to assign to the objects
This is the answer:
Quoteobject on/off...

I think Danny replied correctly to your question, you didnt asked for the exact mouse moves and clicks in AGS editor, just the actions to assign, so if you want a more detailed answer, you should tell us in your post.

SSH

By the way, since the number of objects are limited, it may be easier sometimes to chnage the picture of one object, rather than turn one off and turn another on.

Spyros

Yes you can use the SetObjectGraphic command to change from open to close door, or you can use the AnimateObjectEx command to animate the opening and the closing of the door.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk