Move character

Started by , Sun 29/06/2003 18:23:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonas Hed

Hello!

I've been away a while but now I saw the 2.55 version is here (AND IT'S GREAT).

But is the movement speed fixed when the character is smaller scale or is there any other way to change the movement speed of the character?

I know I have asked this before but I was told it was on Chris list and I haven't been here for a while.

THank you!

scotch

Does he slow down when scaled down? no, does it drive me insane? yes, is there any way to do it in script? no ._.

It's harder to do than it sounds apparently.

Jonas Hed

Hehe, yeah!
I just don' t why it's impossible to have a flexible movement speed that you can change in different regions.

But I'm no programmer so I should probably keep my mouth/fingers shut.

Meowster

I can't quite remember, but wasn't that a problem in MI1? Guybrush moved really fast when he moved further from the screen... or maybe he moved at the same speed and the size/distance wasn't relative so it LOOKED faster? Can anybody remember?

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Yeah I think in MI when Guybrush was about 2 pixels high he would move at the same speed as when he was 100%, so giving the appearance that he was moving at 100 miles per hour, when in terms of pixels per second he was going at the same speed.

Scorpiorus

QuoteI just don' t why it's impossible to have a flexible movement speed that you can change in different regions.
It's because of pathfinder (a thingy in AGS which calculates character's path relying on the walkable areas). It constructs a path using a constant speed value before the character even start walking so it rather difficult to implement that feature without essential changes inside the pathfinder itself.

-Cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk