256 col. palette problem

Started by Sluggo, Fri 04/07/2003 22:31:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Sluggo

Ok, my game's in 256 colors, and I'm using the latest version of AGS (2.55 I guess it is), but that doesn't really have anything to do with it since it's been an issue in every version I've used.

When I import something with black in it, it always shows up as slightly gray, which really stands out against black background pictures (which are pure black), and I need the pictures to blend together. Is there something I should do to the palette or something? Maybe import the graphics differently?

Thanks!

Scorpiorus

You could try different options when importing the sprites: Lock sprite to current room or Remap colours to game pallete, or thier combinations maybe.

How does it go?

Sluggo

OK, I tried all the different options and nothing works. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
Thanks.

Dorcan

1 - CJ added the possibility to import sprites with exact palette in v2.55.
Just uncheck the box named "Remap Colours to game palette" when importing sprites.
Of course, your sprite's palette and your game one have to coincide.

2 - A little tip :
In your game palette, change the slot corresponding to the black color (not #16, it's locked. Another one), to a pink color (63,0,63).
In your paint program, replace also the black color of your sprite with pink (255,0,255).
Import your sprites in AGS.
Now, just change the pink color of your game palette back to black, and voilà !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk