sick of being down

Started by FruitTree, Thu 17/07/2003 22:03:47

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitTree

I'm depressed,
not just down, I seriously very depressed.
and normally I wouldn't share this kindof stuff with you guys but I've had enough worries today I just need somebody to listen.

I won't be able to attend mittens
I flunked school, failed almost every test
my girl has been 'occasionally' kissing my best friend
all my other friends left for brazil and won't be back for 11 months
I'm all alone
how could this all happen in one day?
why does virtually everything I do go wrong?
it's been proven over and over again.
I've been down pretty much all my life it's just the way I am,
but this...
everything I loved hates me all of a sudden
and there's no one to listen to me.
I'm going on vacation tomorrow, me and my parents, my brother and sister are on some other vacation somewhere having fun.
life's all I have right now, and all of a sudden I've got to love it.
sorry if I sounded melodramatic.

I'm glad  that I wrote this it makes me feel better though I don't know why

Hobbes

Writing is one of the healthiest forms of therapy, so I'm glad to hear writing stuff down helps you a bit.

Wish there was more that I could do for you. If there is, just let me know, ok?

shitar

****From #ags******
Me and you are exactly alike, anyways I agree with Iqu,

"   not going mittnes - pisser.  being alone - time to work on a game.  flunking school - i wouldn't worry, it's not a necessity in life.  gf trouble - she ain't the right one, she's out there, just wait.  tired - sleep often helps.  tired of everything - go buddhist"

Were still here, and we wont dump you. If you ever need friends most of us are going to be here for a while, I'm not going to Mittens either, half of us aren't. (I'll be back to edit this)
MIRC: #ags #agsfun #hello #agsnude #agscake

Scummbuddy

Honestly, I was just looking at those links to ezboard threads in the other thread, and I saw your name, and was like "Hey, good guy, haven't heard much from him." and here you are.  Seriously, everyone will go through something like this, as if the whole world was coming down, but I PROMISE it will get better.
You sound like you'll have time on this vacation, so use it.  Do what you like.  Just put a pen to paper, and write. It doesn't matter what, just do it.  Let your stream of conciousness take over and soon you'll have a topic and can't find yourself able to stop writing.  write a script for a game, write how you feel, draw yourself as superman helping old ladies and knocking heads off bad guys.  do what you want, cause you are in control of your life, and no one can tell you otherwise, so dont let anyone get you down.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Robert Eric

All writers are depressed, one way or another.  Some write more than others, depending on how depressed they are.  I write very often.

But you may want to listen to Limp Bizkit's "Break Stuff."  It may relate to how you are feeling.

* Robert Eric waits to be pegged with rotten fruit, fiery swords, and warm feces.
Ã, Ã, 

Nostradamus

In life you go through good periods and bad periods. If your friends are all away, make new friends. See it as an opprtunity to meet new people. It's exciting to make new friends. You might end up doing htings with them you haven't done before (not THOSE things, smartasses). You might know your next girlfriend by kmnowing a new friend who knows her.
As for school, you probably didn't pay attention, didn't study hard enough or serious enough. It means you have to study more. Give more time to learning, getting ready for tests so you get good results. Get help from firends in school if you need it. You probably need a new and better way for studying. Ask friends how they study, or come up with your own new way (better) and try different ways of studying until you find the right way for you.
You say your girlfriend kisses your best friend. What kind of kiss are you talking about?
If there is something serious between them, then she is not the right one for you and he is not a real friend, so screw them.
But maybe it's not that kind of kiss and you shouldn't be worried. I kiss female friends and there's nothing romantical between us.
You should see this as a new beginning, a chance to start a new life with new people, new friends, new girls, you might discover fun stuff to do that you didn't pay attention to before or didn't like before.
Instead of feeling mercy for yourself - which makes you depressed and takes out all your self-confidence, you should just go out there, have confidence in yourself and make new friends because among people in society, if you are a dsepressed guy without no confidence who doesn't talk to no-one and is not friendly, no one will care about it. So you must have confidence, be happy and be friendly with people and then you will make new friends.

And I know it sounds easier to say than do, but I'm talking from my life experience here. I was in similiar situations in life and that's what I did.

Ginny

There isn't much to say that hasn't been said except that it isn't as bad as it seems. Look at what you have and find creative soltions to your problems. Learn something you always wanted to learn to do..

Use the Taoist principle of attracting Positive with negative (lol, sorry I'm just really obsessed with Taoism after reading "The Tao of Pooh"), read books in you spare time...

And I'm here for you.

edit: I dunno if this helps, but in a Taoist's point of view bad is not always bad, as it may turn into something good.

Quote from: FruitTree on Thu 17/07/2003 22:03:47
life's all I have right now, and all of a sudden I've got to love it.
sorry if I sounded melodramatic.

If you think about it, life alone is a wonderful thing, think of all the things you did, of the moments when you really lived and enjoyed. Try going ouside and enjoying nature maybe (I reccomend doing so expeccially in the early morning, despite the fact that I myself have no idea how I manage to get up for it, as I always sleep in when I can).

Going on vacation is great, where are you going?
I haven't been on vacation for years :(.
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

viporizer

Damn man....

As one of your friends and think to be the guilty one... I'm sorry.

Geez, why didn't you tell me? Talking and writing is the only way out.
Take care mate!

I'm will be there if you need to talk.
you know where I live and you know my phone number.
Use it!

GameFreek(aka Ari)

Glad that you express yourself in writing and it makes you feel a bit better. Life does suck but its not only yours...try not to feel so down...just think other peoples lives are worse..not trying to sound mean just trying to help you out. :'(
Im gonna kill!! YAY!!! you deaddd....

Nine Toes

All I can say is that I feel your pain.  (corny but true)  Life sucks and everything bad has to happen all at once... you've got no one to talk to and the things that you once found fun aren't so fun anymore... you try to take your mind off of it but everything you look at reminds you that you're miserable... when you look out the window, you don't see anything pretty anymore... it feels like there's no tomorrow and you'll never be happy again.

...which is why I'm so pessimistic.  I know how you're feeling, I've dealt with it all my life too.

Here's my advice:
- Mittens, I don't know anything about... so I'll refrain from commenting.
- Your girl... drop kick the bitch to the curb!  Don't ever eat dirt for someone else... especially a woman! (no offense, ladies.)  Always kinda feels like you're the last one to know about stuff like that...
- Your tests; can you retake them?  Depending on how much of your grade they make up, it's probably not so bad, it'll lower your grade a bit, but as long as you're doing really good in your classes... talk to your teachers, maybe they'll understand your situation... some teachers in my school let me out of class because they said they couldn't expect me to pass if I was depressed like that...
- As for your friends... hmm... 11 months... well, you could try making some new friends (I shouldn't really talk because I'm no good with people...)

You can get my e-mail from my site if you wanna talk more.  Enjoy your vacation, hope it helps some.
Watch, I just killed this topic...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk