"Murderous Tendencies" - Update: New screenshot

Started by Nostrum, Mon 21/07/2003 21:35:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Nostrum

Nostrum Games (which basically consists of just me) is proud to announce their first game project entitled...

As that crappy promo image proudly stated, the game is called Murderous Tendencies. As you have probably guessed already, it is a lo-res point 'n click adventure game in the style of Monkey Island (complete with the LucasArts adventure interface, only with a few less options).
The game will be on the shorter side of full-length. It could be considered a medium-sized game, but there are a whole lot of different locations so I'm calling it a full-length.

Murderous Tendencies centers around a guy named Warren Killjoy. Warren is a humble, friendly, un-assuming man who suffers from something similar to split-personality disorder. Occasionally he gets severe urges to kill, that come to him in the form of an evil-looking apparation of himself (a.k.a. his "evil side") who takes over and convinces him to murder various people he's angry at with an axe.... orders he is helpless to obey. Such behavior has landed him in prison, which he has since escaped from and moved far away, to start a new life. He started living in a small town, changed his name, got a job working for a big corporation, and got a therapist. Since escaping from prison, he has not gotten any urges  to kill anyone and believes that finally, with the help of therapy, he has cured his "disorder". This is proven wrong when Warren is harshly and randomly fired from his job, and Warren, filled with rage over being fired for no apparent reason, is greeted by the ghost-like apparition that is his "murderous half" for the first time in years. Warren tries his best to fight it, but his murderous half takes control, and Warren is now hell-bent on killing his former employer. Warren breaks into his boss's house, wielding an axe. Things don't go as planned and Warren is shot dead. Not suprisingly, Warren winds up in hell. Now out of his murderous trance, he can't help but feel he doesn't BELONG in hell... after all, it's not his fault he's a murderer, is it? He's a nice guy, he just can't control his evil split-personality... right? Warren decides he has to escape from Hell, which is not to prove an easy task... none have ever done it before. Can he do it? Maybe, if you guide him.

The game features a bizarre plot, witty dialogue, badly drawn cartoony graphics, violence and dark humor, as well as hours of MIND-BENDING PUZZLES. And demons. And other cool stuff like that. It also features a rabid dog.

Here's some screenshots:

and...

That's the title screen for the demo.

Expect a demo in coming weeks. Badda bing. Feel free to comment.

Czar

well it looks and sounds nice, cant wait for it to be finished.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Nostrum

Thanks man. Remember to check back in about a week cause there will probably be a demo to download then. Meanwhile, look at Nostrum Games' official website, which, uh... pretty much has nothing on it right now.
http://www.geocities.com/nostrumgames. That will soon change, though.

You know youre in the big leagues when your official website is hosted by geocities, right? :P

Snake

Jesus, I'm a big leaguer then?

Hey, your game sounds awesome. I love the escaping from hell part. The backstory was great, you did a splendid job on this thread, A++!

Can't wait for the demo  8)

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Nostrum

Thanks. I'm pretty stoked that people like them because I was just learning pixel-art when I drew them (about half a year ago) and I thought they sucked at the time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk