The New Mp3 Thread!

Started by Sylpher, Mon 11/08/2003 04:40:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylpher

In an attempt to bring some kind of order to this place I am gonna try and start a sensible discussion. As I said in the 'Darth Mandarb, stop pissing people off' thread I want to discuss mp3's further.

As a musician and regular purchaser of music I have found mp3s an invaluable tool as well very convenient.

At work I have ripped nearly every cd I own so that I can listen while working. I must swap cd's in and out of the computer regularly so I can't just sit and enjoy a cd but with mp3's I can.

This isn't the first time the music industry has flipped out when new technology has emerged that they are sure is gonna be the death of it all. Back in the early 80's when tape decks started to be available with a record option to record one tape onto another the recording industry flipped! They were sure this would be the end.

Truth of the matter is people enjoy music and will continue to do so. And screw them anyways. As soon as most artistic things are turned into an industry they lose all artistic meaning so they can cram their industry up the pooper!

Sylpher

What...The...Hell?

I mean you started off /alright/...but first of all your facts are vauge and you repeat yourself more then once. I was /hoping/ for a little more out of a person of your stature...Oh and your spelling errors and poor grammer don't exactly help your cause at all. Did you ever consider that downloading /anything/ that is copyrighted is illegal. No matter what you do or say can't change that. It is the law. I am sick of lazy people like you who don't want to fork over the cash (Wow! A /measly/ 15 bucks) and pay the people who work hard for what they do and do it because they believe in it. You make me sick.

Sylpher

Well excuse me. I didn't start this thread to be bashed.

As you can see I clearly stated I do not download copyrighted songs. I rip them off the cd's I purchase from working my ass off. So if you could lay off and learn to read I would appretiate it.

Sylpher

i dont see what the BIG deal is. Why don't the both of you CHILL out!!!!! sheesh anyways i like mp3s. i download a lot of KoRn!! songs that aren't released anywhere and the only way to get them is off KaZaa or some KOOL website. I think mp3s are a great way for fans to get a good look at bands on a hole and let you hear many songs that are hard to find!!!!

I reccommennd KoRns - Jingle Balls.mp3! Play it around christmas your parents will FLIP!!!

Sylpher

Maybe /you/ should learn to read?!...All you did was latch on to the small /petty/ stuff I said and completely dodged the facts. What...are you a politition?

Sylpher

So you are admiting you are petty? All I am trying to do is make an interesting thread. Why are you being such a dick? Maybe I should be a polition. They are all scum anyways.

Why are you focusing on me so much? You are taking this way too far on a personal level. Why not discuss your feelings on the matter and not me as a person?

Sylpher

Your so shallow...I will let the petty comment slide on the fact that you are a moron. I already shared my feelings on the matter...See! That is your problem..your parents must not of raised you right or something. Copyrights are copyrights no /matter/ how you look at them/./

Sylpher

Man, you are such a prick. I own the songs! I purchased them with my money. I can record them 18 thousand times if I want to. I can buy all the equipment I need and turn them in 8-tracks If I feel like it.

And I told you already stop taking this so personal..I just want to discuss it like a human being not ape shit throwing animals.

Sylpher

Guys! Just cut it out. You are both acting like children. I looked up to both of you up to this point and now, I just don't know.

Sylpher

Oh!...So you /own/ the songs...huh? /Your/ name is written next to them in the credits. Who si the one acting all rash here? I simply pointed out your faults and you can't take that. You should learn to chum...Tis a part of life!

Sylpher

That's it! This is getting annoying. Will a mod please lock this! I can;t even have a decent conversation with anyone without this Asshole budding in every 5 seconds. Sorry.

shitar

WHOAA!!! Whats up with all the posts Slypher. Thats it this community is now officially broken down, and a bunch of unfriendly idiots.
MIRC: #ags #agsfun #hello #agsnude #agscake

Pesty

Oh, c'mon guys! Stop fighting already. Is the topic really important enough for you to break up your friendship over? Don't leave all mad. Just agree to disagree and be done with it!
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

shitar

??? On my moniter I see the first ten posts all posted by Slypher,

Sylpher

No! I see him doing this all over the forum. He is a complete ass in the critiques forum. LGM was just trying to get some suggestions on a character he threw together and he completely tore it apart. I am sorry but..

"It looks like a camel shit it out its eye"

Isn't really appropraite.

Darth Mandarb

mp3 rules!

haahahahahahah!!!  This is hilarious!

cheers,
dm

EDIT: dm adds some thyme

CommaToes

Sylpher:  While you own the CDs and use the MP3s privately, the whole issue is with those who share them, not those who legally have them.

Pesty: It may be better for them to let it all out now, or it could blow up later.

Sylpher:  That hostility is uncalled for.  This is a forum of LOVE.  And the first and last love is self love.  (I know it's true, my friend got that fortune in a fortune cookie three times.  We make fun of him constantly.)

Darth Mandarb:  I don't know you, but that post added much needed seasoning to this thread.  Next time use less salt and more thyme.

Sylpher:  Remember to not get preoccupied with the affairs of others.  Let them work it out.

rodekill

QuoteAs soon as most artistic things are turned into an industry they lose all artistic meaning so they can cram their industry up the pooper!

What a perfect sentiment for our community.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

shitar

Huh!?!?!? My brain is dead now, just like this community.  :'(

LGM

What's this about my character getting ripped apart.. When was this?
You. Me. Denny's.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk