Oh good lord...

Started by MrColossal, Wed 20/08/2003 09:54:42

Previous topic - Next topic

MrColossal

"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

n3tgraph

* N3TGraph airguitars!

Esseb

Why is it that most websites you can't figure out is a joke or not always have good webdesign. Most real ones I've seen look like squal's old homepage (no hard feelings if you're reading little dude).

So, I really doubt it's real.

Edit: Well, he did counter that:
QuoteIf you're broke, how can you afford this site? It looks like it cost a lot of money.

This site doesn't cost nearly as much as people assume it does, and I don't know why people assume I have my own server, I'm on a server with other people. My best friend Rob, the guy who designed the site, is a freelance web designer with a lot of connections to really cool people in his line of work. I don't want to give any more personal info about Rob or his connections though, I learned my lesson after I saw the hateful way some people can lash out at those who try to help me (read these comments).

Edit2: Woop.
http://games.slashdot.org/games/03/07/11/005218.shtml

Scroll down to the reply titled "GMD Studios"

Edit3: For the best proof though, read the very first post in the archive and try to figure out why anyone would be that excited for the latest yearly edition of a damn (American) football game.

m0ds

I don't understand what I'm looking at or listening too.

Some guy rang another guy about some beta testing thing, the caller claims the other guy is denying something, of which I'm not sure.

Greeeat. :P

m0ds

rodekill

You know, this could be useful. Granted, becoming a football player while unconcious isn't that useful, but imagine if you could become something really cool, like Indiana Jones? I could go for that.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

plasticman

or as suggested somewhere in the blog, it could be applied to a fps...

this website is strange. it looks fake in general, but there are those small details that kinda make it credible. i'm confused.

remixor

I love how on the day he drove away from the place, he says something like "I peeled out and drove out of the complex.  The guy stood there and watched me drive ALL THE WAY OUT.  Then he RAN back inside.  I thought that was weird."

If the guy watched him drive "all the way out", how could he see the guy run back in?  ::)

I could be nitpicking, but just from reading these entries, a lot of it sounds kind of contrived.  Who knows, though.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

MrColossal

it's obviously fake

millions of people play video games and they don't emulate them in random blackouts

millions of people play ACTUAL FOOTBALL and they don't just trance out and sack someone

give me one logical reason why a feature in a video game that has been around for years in first person shooters [the whole first person aspect] is just now making people go crazy and tackle people who are perfectly centered on camera?

and what in the world are they thinking drawing more attention to "video games induce violence"?

bah!

eric
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

remixor

Honestly, though, the videos are good for a laugh.  The guy is completely full of crap, but the videos remind me of those Terry Tate: Office Quarterback commercials.  Good stuff.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

DGMacphee

Oh yeah, this happens to me all the time!

One time, I played football on my computer and I blacked out but people told me I started screaming stupid shit at them while trying to tackle them.

And this other time, I was playing Leisure Suit Larry and I blacked out and humped my best friend's leg and now he isn't my best friend anymore.

And this other time, I was playing Hitman and blacked out and ended up slaughtering my whole neighbourhood and we had to move house so the cops wouldn't find out!

OMG HOW EMBARRASSING!!!
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk