Stupid computer

Started by Moresco, Sat 13/09/2003 16:34:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Moresco

So I've got this built in graphics adapter in my old computer.  I'm poor so I can't finish the new & mighty machine.  Anyway,  it's always done well for me, I can play Icewind Dale 2 & that's good enough for me.  Then, I started learning Windows programming & such with VC++.  Oh boy!  But I wanted to do graphics(yah cuz making windows gets kinda old), so I needed apparently to learn a graphics API of some sort.  Yes ok so that goes without saying.

Skip ahead skip ahead.

Ok so I checked out OpenGL & DirectX and someone says, "hey OpenGL is easier to learn", that I need to go with that one.  Hahah, my gfx card is so old/crappy that it has no support for OpenGL.  Actually it has OpenGL drivers, but when attempting to do anything with them....BAM BOOM CRASH BANG! The computer dies.  Spiffy eh? ^^
::: Mastodon :::

Sylpher

So why not try Dx? Can't say which is easier having never programmed OpenGL but Direct X isn't that bad. If you can get a window up and running the you should be able to get some Direct X stuff going without loss of limbs or stabbing people..

Moresco

Really? Ok good cuz I had imagined it was either 'easy' or 'insane' & that I was stuck working with the latter now.  But if you say it's as easy as making windows then it must be pie cuz windows are pie.  :)
::: Mastodon :::

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk