do you want Grim Fandango 2?

Started by danny*, Sat 04/10/2003 19:23:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Meowster

Hang on... wait....

Wasn't there a Grim Fandango 2 planned anyway? I remember hearing about it at the same time as Sam n Max2 and Full Throttle 2. Was it cancelled? They planned MI5 and Grim Fandango 2, I'm sure of it.

Anyway. I'll talk about Psychonauts as much as I want, thank you very much. In fact, I think I'll talk about it right now. Psychonauts! Psychonauts!!! PSYCHONAUTS!!!!!

Rincewind

Quote from: Privateer Puddin' on Sat 04/10/2003 22:16:39
thats some pro editing ;)

Heh, sorry - I actually meant to write Dark Stalkey first, but then I wrote your name instead... :)
No offense, I agree with you as well...

And yeah, the person who wrote the petition could perhaps have been a bit more professional and less childish and "Pleeze make a sequel 'cos it rocks and stuff"-ish...  

Hm, I think I'll just go off to join the LSA and forget all about this silly thing...  Cheerio...

Scummbuddy

alright, calm down yufster... yes it was written on some german website for future titles from LucasArts, not arse, but LucasArts commented that Monkey 5 is a strong possibility, but not for awhile and that Grim 2 wasn't even being considered at that time.

That game was so long and so great.  I too believe I had a tear at the end, but I dont want them ruining such a great game.  Im perfectly happy with them attempting a sequel, of course id play it, but id rather them not.  Id rather them do the same thing they did and strike out and create another adventure idea.  

And I do believe Grim actually did sell well, over the years.  But not right away.
Did you play RTX Red Rock?  That was a new game not at all star wars.  I will say that KOTOR was a super fantabulous game and I can't wait for it to become a platinum hit to buy it, cause im in college and i cant afford to buy 50 games. even though ive rented it enough to pretty much pay for it.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

|Alky|

I've convinced myself that the afterworld is like Grim Fandango. The whole heaven and hell thing sucks in comparison ^_^
Alex 'Alkaline' Cline

We're going back to the tick tock to get the boo-boo. Send for backup. - Baby's Day Out

m0ds

Full Throttle II - DEAD!
Sam & Max II - IDLE!
GF 2 - DIED BEFORE IT WAS EVEN STARTED!

I won't say that game sequels don't sell or work (just look at Half Life II and Halo II for eg), but IMHO, sequels are a movie thing.

m0ds

Privateer Puddin'

idle? since when? :O don't you mean foy ;)

m0ds

FoY idle? Since when? Don't you mean your game?

:P

Privateer Puddin'

yes, sadly so, this git doing my music hasnt done it yet ;)

m0ds

Yeah, N3T never composed on time for me either.

Oh well.

Trapezoid

Where'd you hear that SaM2 is idle?

Steve McCrea

Sequels are a movie thing?
That's pretty funny coming from the project lead of an Indiana Jones game :)
Day of the Tentacle? MonkeyIsland 2? Fate of Atlantis?
It's lucky you were kidding.

Miez

Quote from: Steve McCrea on Mon 06/10/2003 09:21:13
Sequels are a movie thing?
That's pretty funny coming from the project lead of an Indiana Jones game :)

Ah - but Indiana Jones is so much more than mere movie or game material. It's a way of life.  ;)

Meowster

Let's not forget the highly anticipated Metal Gear Solid II (Actually, the PS1 MG was also a sequel to the NES version....) and the MANY, MANY Final Fantasy Games, each more highly anticipated than the last... even if 10 DID suck liquid crap... Devil May Cry II... Uh.... other games.....

Sometimes they just don't work though.

Take for the following golden examples:

Flashback
A great platform game where you star as Conrad Hart, trying to get off an alien planet or something. Featured great graphics, loads of new and interesting locations and some other stuff, probably. Like cool music.
Flashback II: Fade to Black
OOooo, what happened, Delphine? You fucked up this time! Who would have guessed nobody wanted to see 200 different ways of the player character dying? Looks like you spent too much time focusing on how the player could FUCK UP! So you forgot the ending, huh?

Alone in the Dark
Completely spinechilling, it messed with your head. This was in a time before things crashing through windows were mandatory in ALL games. AitD was the first survival horror game, so things jumping out of shadows and creaking floorboards... they really did freak you out. The only complaint I have against this game is that if you chose the female player character, it meant hobbling along on high heels, and going, "Eeek!" every time you kicked something. Inevitably, you would miss what you were kicking, because you were a girl.
Alone in the Dark 2
Did anybody ever even play this? Because if you did, you may have leprosy.

7th Guest
This Game Sucked
7th Guest 2
There is a reason there was never a sequel.

Keen 1-4
Yay! Keen!
Keen 5-6
My EYES, my goddamn EYES, you BASTARDS.

Little Big Adventure
Oh little big adventure! I'll never get tired of Little Big Adventure!
Little Big Adventure: The Next One, with the Aliens
I hate myself.

Now, while a Grim Fandango 2 COULD work... it's Tims baby, and it's not gonna take the bottle for anybody else. So that's why I say NAY!!! Let's not add it to the list of Great Games with Crap Sequels. Let it remain forever immortal. If anybody else mentions that I haven't played it, I'll snap their necks.  

m0ds

Don't diss LBAII, or you won't get this GF box set thing!

m0ds

Privateer Puddin'

sigh

MGS2 > you

Alone in the Dark 2 > you

oh and LBA2 > you

Meowster

What am I saying!?? LBAII kicked ass! Not just any ass, but TEH ass!!! TEH!!!! 0mg 0mg 0mg!!!! LBAII! Man, do I love LBAII!!!!

And, er, you? What?

Privateer Puddin'

yes, lba2 kicked giant robot ass.

Meowster

I don't know. It sort of pissed me off.

Is the box shiney, Mark? Is it sexy? Is it a sexy box? Is it too big to fit through my mail slot?

Because dude, I wouldn't want the postman to leave it on the doorstep so it gets all wet with rain or anything.

Scummbuddy

7th Guest kinda had a sequel... 11th Hour.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Shattered Sponge

Flashback was a sequel to Another World, was it not?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk