robbed

Started by rodekill, Thu 16/10/2003 04:40:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Jake

he didnt find the lucky git, would have been fun if we did >:)

Simple

Maybe we should take up a collection.  If each one of us sends Rode ONE dvd, then he'll be back up to his collection of 50 in no time.  What's more, we can send him ones we don't like, so that he won't feel so bad if they get stolen again.

I'll contribute Raising Arizona.  It's not very funny and there aren't any special features, and if you like I can spill coffee on the snapcase.  Let me know.

If this is successful we can start a Pog-drive for Panda, too.

Many kisses!
Larry Vales:  Reloaded production blog:
http://larryvales.wordpress.com

Meowster

Poor Rode!!!! :(

Irish cops are no different. My brother got assaulted EVERY DAY by this kid who lived around the corner, and he started beating him up with hurling sticks and everything, and it wasn't just my brother either. So when about ten residents on our estate reported this kid, we expected Social Services to step in at least... nothing happened. Then, the Dad beat up a nieghbour who went straight to the door to complain, and then he hit my older brother (20) for the exact same thing. Basically, this family beats up anything and everything, and Police and Social Services stay way way away.

Second was one of my work mates. They used to get about 50 people hang around outside their house with flaming sticks and everything, throwing rocks through the window and threatening to kill them. There was some stupid reason for this, but they hadn't really done anything. Every night they'd gather, attacking the house and making threats, and the police? The police said, "They'll probably go away if you ignore them. Give them a week."

Police only work properly on police TV shows.

Barcik

Police works well when there is someone pushing at them to work well.
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Timosity

Quote from: Yufster^_^ on Fri 24/10/2003 16:02:03
Police only work properly on police TV shows.

That's cause they get paid much more than real police, plus they have heaps more murders and assaults to contend with.

but jokes asside, imagine if the police had budgets like big time TV shows, maybe then they would have incentive to work a bit harder.

Then again, the TV shows don't worry too much about petty crime either, just murders and assaults

Meowster

I don't get paid as much as I want to, and I don't work in very good conditions. That doesn't mean I'm not going to DO my work.

Plenty of people I know want to be policemen/women when they're older, simply because, "They get it easy." Basically meaning that they spend all day catching people for minor and petty traffic offences (My aunt got caught for doing 31mph in a 30mph zone, and she was also going down a hill at the time, so keeping at 30 would have been extremely hard)

Also, police in Ireland can get away with many crimes themselves, and can get their friends off the hook. They will not investigate a person if it is beneficial to them (to not investigate). Aye.

m0ds

Rode, thats dreadful, I'm really sorry to hear about that. What about your Indy DVD's? :O I can't imagine what it'd feel like to be robbed, but someone stealing the front wheel off my bike was bad enough.

Sympathies to you and, I hope you manage to make some form of insurance claim and replace what you can of what was stolen.

Sorry to hear it again.

But hey, your stuff sold pretty quick at car boot. I made £32.60.

:p
m0ds

rodekill

Thanks everybody.

It was all worth it, because it raised Phil from the grave. Yay robbers!

Moods -> I bought the Indy DVDs a few days later. They ARE my collection now.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

m0ds

Well, compared to what I've got - thats one hell of a collection!

Yeah - theres no greater sympathy than having Phil Reed reincarnate. Thats the first post from c lex I've seen in a long time too.

Things'll come round, I'm sure.

:)
m0ds

Las Naranjas

Quote from: Yufster^_^ on Fri 24/10/2003 16:02:03
Poor Rode!!!! :(

Irish cops are no different. My brother got assaulted EVERY DAY by this kid who lived around the corner, and he started beating him up with hurling sticks and everything,

Second was one of my work mates. They used to get about 50 people hang around outside their house with flaming sticks and everything, throwing rocks through the window and threatening to kill them.

And the worst bit is their designer Anarananjado clothing was stained.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk