Horror Films

Started by Quintaros, Sat 01/11/2003 01:50:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Domino

not really a horror film, but the movie Night of the Comet was one of the strangest movies i have ever seen. This movie just creeps me out.  There was just something about it thats hard to describe. How many people out there have seen this movie?

shawn  :)

LordHart

My favourites in no order:

Hellraiser I, II and Inferno
Halloween
Friday the 13th
Poltergeist
Evil Dead I & II
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Nightmare on Elm Street I & III
The Hills Have Eyes
It (shit, I hate clowns... :'()
ET. The Extra Terrestrial (come on, who when they were little didn't get freaked out when the kids found him and he freaked out going OWOOAOAOW!!!!!11)
American Pyscho (not a real horror, but the shit Patrick Bateman did, and ending up getting away with it... oh man!)
Ringu & Ringu 2
Battlefield Earth (OH MY GOD!!!!!11 ARRGGGHHHHH!!)

Oliver

talking of favourite horror films.

there was this "The Watcher" or something on holloween.
That was really spooky. It was something about a guy who just kills everyone ::)
You got it!

Coming Soon!

Harvester

Hmmmmmmm, okay, here are some:

Silent Night, Bloody Night
The Exorcist
Evil Dead 1
The Shining (brrrrrrrr...)
Ringu (brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!)
Prince of Darkness (when I was young)
The Howling (after watching it a few hundred times it's not so scary, but it's still one of my all-time favorites)

and of course, the scariest thing EVER...

The Omen
None shall pass!

Paranoid Factor

Nellie

Well my favourite horror films are...

BOO!

Did I scare you?

remixor

I thought Ring was fairly stupid, and it certainly didn't scare me.  I haven't seen the remake, but since most people think it's not as good I definitely won't bother.

Anyway, all I have to add to this list is Evil Dead 2.  Best horror movie ever.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Squinky

I love the evil dead movies, but I gotta say, as far as horror movie go....they suck...

Now I'll give them an A+ for humor...

Trapezoid

Personally, the Evil Dead movies are some of the few "horror" films I'd watch (I've currently only seen AoD)... I'd rather be laughing than scared. Why pursue fear?

Evil

I loved Mary Shelly's Frankenstien. It was amazing, best monster movie I've ever seen. Anybody else see it? I didnt see it mentioned yet and I thought it was a great 'non-scary' horror movie.

Quintaros

Yeah I like MS's Frankenstein a great deal.  Its not scary exactly but it does have a great atmosphere.  Branaugh's films always have a great sense of style to them.

DGMacphee

Speaking of Evil Dead, I am so hanging out for when Bubba Ho-tep comes to Australia.

I remember Evenwolf saying it was good.

Has anyone else seen it?

ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Timosity

I found the original Nightmare on Elm St, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (haven't seen the new one), actually really scarey.

Although I was only about 13 at the time, I'm sure they are still scarey, but I'll never be able to get that feeling back, where you are walking home alone late at night after watching one of these, and every sound you hear, you think 'Shit, am I really awake'

I haven't seen any recent movie that even remotely scares me, maybe a quick fright, but nothing more than that.

I guess they try and model all the movies off the older ones, casue they all seem to be the same and way to predictable.

I guess you are just more easily scared when you are younger.

Cape Fear (both versions) Is another classic (although it's probably more of a thriller)

remixor

Quote from: DGMacphee on Sun 02/11/2003 06:39:03
Speaking of Evil Dead, I am so hanging out for when Bubba Ho-tep comes to Australia.

I remember Evenwolf saying it was good.

Has anyone else seen it?

Damnit, no.  It's in town right now, and I'm trying to find someone to see it with, but I think everyone here is too dumb or something.  I'll just have to go see it myself before it leaves town.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Rincewind

Ok, a discussion about Horror movies and NOT mention "Psycho" - My personal favourite? That's gonna be tough...  :)

Nah, but seriously, I've never really been a total horror-buff, but I have to admit, there are some that are really, really good, supernatural or not...

- Halloween (1978)
Low budget? Yeah.
Good? Sure is.  
John Carpenters cult classic skips the blood/gore and focuses a lot more on moods and the fear of knowing that there is someone out there...  

- Night of The Living Dead (1968)
Another low budget movie that became a cult classic. Not entirerly flawless, but definitely a really creepy movie.
I really need to see that rest of Romeros Zombie-triology...

- Evil Dead (1981)
Just saw this one recently, and it is really, really scary. I usually don't consider gore to be a plus in any movie(Well, maybe in Braindead, but then I don't consider that to be a real horror movie either...) but in this film it didn't really disturb me that much - It just made it a lot more creepy, in my opinion...
And one thing's for sure: I'm not going down into the cellar of our cabin up in the woods. Ever.

- The Birds (1963)
As a fanical lover of Hitchcock's films, I just had to mention this one - The first of his movies that I ever saw. Back then it scared the shit out of me, and even though it can seem pretty tame today, I still get that wierd feeling while walking past a huge flock of birds...  

- The Shining (1980)
Already mentioned a lot, so I'll just say this:
"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."

There's a lot more good ones as well, but damn it if I can think of any more at the moment...

RogerHinders:
"JurtjyrkogÃ¥rden 2" is "Pet Semetary 2" in english, and oddly enough, I saw that movie just two days ago with a couple of friends... Horrible movie, though...  

Chrille

I was going to mention Halloween since it's one of my favourites, but wasn't really sure about the supernatural bit.
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

Fizz

ooh... good topic.

what to choose from.. yaaargh!

id have to say tobe hoopers texas chainsaw. fucking freaky stuff.

and i just saw jacobs ladder last night. didnt really scare me, but it has great imagery and made a great impression.

im in love with zombie movies, but theres so many to choose from, so im not going to bother.

i actually like blair witch too... on the other hand, i dont find the ring (jap) scary... or good... i just think its plain stupid.

and then theres Crossroads with britney spears... scared the shit out of me...

oscar

now I've seen the texas chainsaw massacre...and I must admit I thought it would be a LOT more frightening...to me it was not even as scary as movies such as Scream. A scary movie is Halloween...it's the music that makes the movie so frightening

oscar

Rincewind: Pet Sematary is one of the VERY few books I've read =)

Haddas

The scariest movie?

Well, it should've been mentinoed here... I'm I the only who gets freaked out by it?

I was babysitting at my ex-babysitters house (she's got kids now). The kid wanted to watch a video and gave me a tape. I put it in and pressed play. First it was pitch Then, after a few seconds, this fucking creepy-horror-music-shit started booming on... it went:
Tinky-Wink.... And then I turned the TV off. Teletubbies is the most scariest show ever made. It's like Psycho times 10000000000.

* freaks out

Fizz

hear ye hear ye! im seriously terrified by the tele tubbies. no shit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk