Skateboarding shoes

Started by Oliver, Sat 01/11/2003 19:57:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver

ok this is a dumb one.
Why do skateboarders always have to wear shoes from companys like DC, Etnies etc.

Why is it like when you you're useing Nike or Adidas then skateboarders think that you suck...you're not a real skateboarder. ;D

PS! I am a skateboarder but I'm wearing DC's (oh lucky me) ;)
You got it!

Coming Soon!

poorkie

I think it's a status thing... I guess.. sort of..
A real skateboarder should have shoes intended for skateboarding
Or I don't know :P

But it's a good question

But I remember when I was skating, some used adidas or rebook <-!!
I used Nike for a while, cause they was cheaper.

PS! I am no skateboarder but I'm wearing DC's (they look more like basketballshoes though) (lucky me, they'd call me a poser)

btw this is my first time posting up in here!! ;D

Evil

I'm not a skateboarder, but I inline. I still wear Van's and Airwalks. I like flat-bottomed shoes. I find them quite comfertable. I think its not have to wear them, just a reason to fight someone. Personally I dont like the fact that every girl in my school wears either etnies, those addidas shoes, or punky boots.  

Alexis Vale

Hm...I wear what is comfortable. I run, so that is important for me. I have a really old pair of Sauconys and then my new running Aasics. My "friends" who wear Etnies or DC's: well, some of them can't afford shoes, so they get what they're given, and those who do skateboard say that they "look cool". Idiots. My cousins say that in Ireland being a poser isn't bad where they go to school. Apparantly, they have a different, non-negative word for it. I forget. My cousin likes to pose. I'm sticking to my running shoes.

Las Naranjas

yeah, they're like "wow! you have shoes!"
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Hinders

I don´t need shoes!
I just ride on my super-tuned tunturi aqua ;D
----

MrColossal

why? because people are assholes who have to feel better about themselves by making others feel bad

and they create a uniform or a series of checks and balances someone has to pass before allowing them in

[try saying you're emo and listen to the dixie chicks, emo kids would insult you till the end of days, the same with being goth but listening to Kylie Minogue, or a gangster who likes Aphex twin...]

younger people especially try to fit into things for various reasons and the people they are trying to fit in with will fight tooth and nail to keep these people out. i don't understand it and i never will.

and alexisvale, have you heard about the barefoot runner? http://barefootrunner.com/ that site doesn't help

but it's a guy who's been running in marathons for years barefoot and he hasn't had one injury due to running because running without shoes is more natural and he has changed the way he was taught to run [heel toe] to a much more comfortable and body healthy way [just on the toes] quite interesting and he has no calluses cause there are no shoes to constantly rub against feet
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

AGA

When I was younger I used to be like all the other kids, wanting to wear the brands and big-name labels, to fit in and not be ridiculed. Today though I just wear what I think looks good, which more often than not is just simple stores' own-brand unlabled stuff.

Las Naranjas

I get compliments on my Converse shoes, which I find funny because I bought them for $10, and that price tag was why I bought them.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

remixor

I've been buying the exact same model and color scheme of Vans for years now.  I'm not a skateboarder, and most Vans shoes are considered skateboardershoes.  My reason is that I like how they look, and I could actually find them in my size.  It's VERY difficult to find size 14 shoes.  According to the little tag, that's 13.0 in the UK, 48.5 in Europe, and 31.5 in Japan.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

MrColossal

heh i've had the same backpack since middle school... just recently i got a new pair of shoes after wearing them for close to 6 years... same jacket as i had in highschool and middle school....

i'm so low maintenance it isn't even funny
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Evil

Half of my clothes are from Goodwill. I find it funny how all of the kids used to make fun of me and now they think I am a poser. Its a very sad thing...

AGA

remix0r: 13 is freakishly large :P I'd say the average in the UK is something like 7-10

Oliver

I also like DC's, dunno why, They just look cool!

But my borther isn't a skateboarder but he wears also DC's.

You got it!

Coming Soon!

YakWork

I've encountered the same thing...  however, I think it's even worse being in Marin County, California.  In both public and private schools, I'd get ridiculed for not wearing Levi's or Nikes.  Reebok was a 2nd-rate shoe but it still beat the stuff I wore.  I just couldn't see spending 80 dollars on a pair of shoes I'd wear out in a year... and couldn't imagine asking my parents to buy something like that for me (And we weren't too bad off, financially).  Eventually, I just settled into my own style and went with whatever was comfortable...  never was admired for my fashion-sense though.  ;D

Oliver

hhe...Yeah the shoes are expensive...but it's worth it ;D
You got it!

Coming Soon!

Privateer Puddin'

i have size 15, 16 and 17 shoes, funny the size 15 are wider than the 17s.

Thats UK size, so 16, 17 and 18 in american, i found them really easy to find them in USA.

http://www.btinternet.com/~ctswin/3A1F0005.jpg
my size 17, next to my keyboard :)

Pumaman

Blimey, I just pick the cheapest 14.99 pair of trainers that will fit. Who really gives a crap how they look? If you spend that much time staring at people's feet, you probably have other problems to worry about  :P

|Alky|

Quote from: Pumaman on Sun 02/11/2003 16:01:06
Blimey, I just pick the cheapest 14.99 pair of trainers that will fit. Who really gives a crap how they look? If you spend that much time staring at people's feet, you probably have other problems to worry about  :P
Plato got nothin' on this guy ^_^
Alex 'Alkaline' Cline

We're going back to the tick tock to get the boo-boo. Send for backup. - Baby's Day Out

Haddas

QuoteI don´t need shoes!
I just ride on my super-tuned tunturi aqua ;D

TUNTURI, TUNTURI, TUNTURI!!!!!!
WOOHOOOO!!!!
* Dances naked on the table
(everyone else go EEEEEEEEK, OMG, AAAH!!!!!

tunturi rules...

that's all...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk