Pro-marching band propganda ideas

Started by Matt Brown, Sun 09/11/2003 01:31:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldmund

YOke

Where I live, Bergen, Norway, it's a local tradition with a group of boys in uniform (recently they allowed girls to join) who walk around with mock-up crossbows and drums (sadly not mock-up). This usually happens in May (17. May is constitution-day in Norway). This is also a good time to get drunk. Lots of snot-nosed kids banging drums at seven in the morning don't mix well with a decent hang-over.

(Also I'm surprised that nobody yet has made the "one time, at band camp" reference.)

Enlightenment is not something you earn, it's something you pay for the rest of your life.

remixor

Hey, this one time, at ba--

*remixor punches self in the face*

Thanks.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Matt Brown

ah, goldmund. I figured it was only a matter of time before that pic was posted.
word up

Timosity

Marching bands are fukd, go and see a decent band, I did tonight and it got me drubnk, why do they march for football games, surely the footballers would be the first people to beat them up, seriously, even if they go to their games,

ah fuckit, use the same method bush did, it works, people will do it if they hate the idea

Goldmund

Hah, my dear Panda, but don't you think a slight touch of nazi imagery could help the popularity of your marching band?

Imagine: no more "geeks", "noisy kids", no more thanksgiving-starsandstripes-americanturkey image... but a hint of something darker, primal, more dangerous...

Matt Brown

prehaps, but I douby anybody would take us serious then...after all, almost every single minorty student in our school was in the marching band. I dont see my town's lone jewish student in any hurry to take up nazi signs...
word up

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk