Previous topic - Next topic

MrColossal

Ok, here's my MAGS game

it's about 9.5 megabytes so just to warn you

http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?action=download&game=305

eric

bug reports posted here please and thank you enjoy goodnight woop

eric
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Evil

Bug I think.
Spoiler
When you click the yellow disk with the others it disappears. I looked to see if was supposed to do that but I couldnt find it.
[close]

---edit---
Remember fellahs, hide spoilers.

MrColossal

ah thank you, ghormak came across this but didn't know how to replicate it

please hide that

OH YES:

there is music in the game, check the settings to make sure it plays for you

edit: uploading a fixed version that stops that from happening, thanks evil
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

It's a VERY promising game, all right. The storyline seems pretty solid (what little of it there is in the actual gameplaying), and the magic is particularly endearing. WHen will we see more of the game? And hopefully the next installements will be larger, right?

Do I sound cranky? Maybe I do, but I hate to finish a good adventure game, and this one was over so quickly, and it seems to damn GOOD...
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

MrColossal

hehe this was made for mags, it won't be much longer when finished but there will be a few more puzzles and [in my mind] an awesome ending

thank you for playing

eric

Timosity

Excellent stuff Eric,

I loved the whole, Engalwood stone thingy, and I usually hate 'spell' type games, very clever gui. The graphics are excellent and the use of lighting effects work well, The puzzles (only just makes plural) are clever. As usual it's too short as for most MAGS games, but I can see a lot of effort has gone in with the thought behind it all, the scripting, the manual etc.

A very good quality product (as what I expected), in such a short time, This months MAGS has got a lot of quality about it so far, and so few entries compared to how many people entered originally. It will be tough to decide.

~Tim

DGMacphee

ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Ghormak

The music is a bit boring and repetitive, and the intro music could have been better too. I think you should put a hit on the composer. The only complaint I have is about the music, really, because everything else rocks my socks and the skin on my feet off.

I must have played with the light switch for 30 seconds when I first found it.
Achtung Franz! The comic

Mats Berglinn

I got stuck at the beginning.
Spoiler
I can't get into the tower and I have looked under the welcome mat. I have tried everything and I don't understand that complex stone thing. What am I going to do? Isn't there are shorter, simplier and easier understanding of using the stone? And how come there are no symbols that the book said? And why isn't the book about the stone in the game?
[close]
I'm going nuts about this problem.

---edit---
SPOILERS fellahs! HIDE them!

Kyle

Firstly, did you read the Engalwood Stone.htm? Instructions on spellcasting are in there - you have to keep the mouse button held down and move along the impressions.

Spoiler
As for the door... here's a couple hints - did you know that you can Look at the door handle to get a close-up? Opening it involves an item in your inventory and a spell mentioned in the book - it shows a graph of the way to cast it.
[close]

It's an interesting game, MrColossal - do you intend to make it full-length?

jane

This was a toughie - and absolutely brill........please make a longer version!  

Mats Berglinn -
Spoiler
Have you tried messing about with lock,  I had to read the book to get a clue what spell to use
[close]

MrColossal

ok here's the deal, a quick mid thanksgiving update

if you have no sound at all don't run the game through the launcher

go into files and run the game normally, for some reason it cuts of music all together.

you really need to hear ghormak's music cause it just rocks awesome

Nostradamus

:o  An amazing game!
The original & awesome spell GUI, the puzzles

Spoiler
The hints in the drawing in the room of needing to light the candle and the lights & stones puzzles in the 2nd floor were awesome
[close]

This game should be considered for the AGS awards, and not in the MAGS category only.
A long game using this style & GUI will be incredible.

PureGhostGR

Excellent game. The GUI system is absolutely brilliant.

My only complain is that it ended without warning.. I was like :O

Excellent stuff. Can't wait for more. :)

Kweepa

Beautiful game!
Shame it ended so suddenly!

[edit]Oh, and I love the manual. Very professional. Reminded me of the Lost Dialogues of Plato in you-know-what.[/edit]

More please.

Steve

P.S. My only (very minor) quibble is the walk icon resembles a look icon. Obviously not as much as the look icon does, but I kept getting confused right clicking through the actions.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Redwall

Great game!

Have you ever played Myst 3: Exile? The html book looks really similar to the journal in it.

Spoiler
Also, the book says to always start with the lowest spot, but the last spell has to be cast differently. Is this a bug or by design?
[close]
aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

BerserkerTails

Great game Eric! Just a quick question...

Spoiler
I solved the game, but I found that you could also put your last bullet in the keyhole of the door. Is this an alternate solution to the first puzzle? If so, how do I complete it? I need to hit the bullet to make it go off, and the key doesn't work...
[close]
I make music.

Las Naranjas

Beserker
Spoiler
There's something else that set off the explosive in bullets than just compression. It's in the book.
[close]
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Elianto_Guestmode

;D This is really a great work!!!! But I hope Eric will make a complete game from this.... it really deserves it...

The only observation I can do is about background outline that seems a bit thicker than the sprite one and the walk icon (as already stated) that can be modified to look like the others....

Eric you're Colossal!!!!  ;)

Goldmund

This is a hottie!... Smooth and elegant!...

No one could tell it from a proffesional product! - (grumpy glod adds: which is both a compliment and a complaint to my world-weary heart)

Yeah, longer would be brilliant... but this was the same with Sabbath-Day Assassin: I've noticed it's Eric's modus operandi to create something very short but longjohns wetting all the same... like an olde Creole lady in a mansion  saying: "oh, and I also can do THIS..." ... then leaving everyone in a room with open mouth like a coquette he is!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk