Latest version: 3.3.3
What's new in 3.3.3?
Help / FAQs
We are not responsible for the content of external links
Which version of Windows are you running?
> Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
Great! Just download AGS from the link below and you're ready to go.
> Windows XP, Windows 2000
Just to let you know, you need the .NET Framework 2.0 or higher installed in order to run the AGS Editor (link is to version 3.5). You might already have it -- the AGS installer will tell you if you need to download it. But don't worry, people don't need the .NET Framework to play games that you create with AGS.
> Windows ME, 98, 95 or lower
Sorry, but AGS no longer runs on these versions of Windows. Please upgrade to XP or later!
Other platforms and downloads >>
Screenshots and Features
The AGS Editor is a Windows-based IDE for creating your games as quickly and easily as possible. Everything you need from importing graphics and writing game scripts right through to testing your game, under one roof!
So you want to help develop future versions of the AGS engine and / or editor? The first thing you should do is read the readme, which explains how to get started. There you can find links to information on various development projects, including versions of the AGS engine for many alternate platforms.
Need a hand to get you started? We've got some free resources like artwork and fonts to help you out:
- AGS Resources - an archive of modules, templates, fonts, plugins and more made for AGS.
- Insta-Game - ready-made backgrounds, characters and items for you to use in your game, run by eric and Sylpher.
- AGS Font Editor - by Radiant, this allows you to manually edit SCI and AGS font files.
- German AGS Tutorials - including GUIs simulating SQ3, SQ4, SQ6, KQ5 and MI1 for you to try out, by Lucasfan. In German.
- SCI Fonts pack - wanted to use different fonts in your game but couldn't find any anywhere? This page has a comprehensive list of fonts for you to use.