The Darksiders (Changed screenshots)

Started by Cluey, Mon 16/02/2004 12:45:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Cluey

Tis a game about death.  I.E you die right at the start.  You play the unfortunate role of D.I (Detective Inspector) Idalo, who, in his wisdom, gets shot and goes to the netherworld, only when he gets there he sees it's more than just fire and brimstone.
I'd like to thank Proskrito for his great SCUMM templates that make my job (graphics,coding,story, the lot) a LOT easier.
I actually have something to show for it too!!

Office, (lamp needs redoing, looks crap with resize)

Inconspicuous murders await!
All post below may seem irrelevant now!

EDIT:  Put up some different pics as I couldnt find the old ones.
EDIT2:  The Idalo sprite looks crap, Im working on a new one which you can see later on in the thread:P
Or now:

I also redid the office and corridoors to fit him, but thats for later:P

Aramore
My webcomic.

AGA

Seems pretty cool. And any game with swearing in is bound to be good ;)

I take it from the scouser and DI references that you're a Brit, and that the game's characters will be too?

Layabout

Wow, this looks great. And I like the direction the plot is going!

Please finish this.

I am Jean-Pierre.

Cluey

Well,
I am british, the characters will be British.
But Im not the best a programming, so I'll have to get my mate to help out. but the SCUMM template's helped alot and it looks good.
Aramore
My webcomic.

Lazy Z

I really like your are style, and the story sounds very interesting too. Could you perhaps reveal a little more about it?
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.'

Top-5 Games

Cluey

Well, without revealing too much, after you die, you go to the netherworld and immediatly begin setting out to try and find out who killed you and why (when you get knocked out you dont usually remember what happened, dying is most likely similar), only discovering that your death was much more than just murder.

As to finishing it quickly, unless I get some help, this will be some time in the works.

P.S Aga, you might be pleased to know that the police chief is going to be a welsh hippy (dont ask).
Aramore
My webcomic.

Tarison

This idea interests me, if only because I have a similar, yet different thing in mind.

Cluey

In what way?
Aramore
My webcomic.

Cluey

*And again...
Anyone wondering who Virgin is, throw a stone, chances are you'll hit something they have ownership rights to.

I dont know the rules on double posting here, but none of my edits were showing up.
Aramore
My webcomic.

Kal-El

Hey, this game looks great pal! I love the original-looking graphics. You certainly have a sleek design taste!

Keep up the great work!

Your pal, Daz.

evilspacefart

I like detective games with a twist! keep up the good work.

Cluey

Erm, the graphical style is like that in Day of The Tentacle, I just applied my own twist to it.
Thanks for all your support!

P.S: I just noticed i spelt "to" wrong on the last screen, it was late, I was tired etc.
Aramore
My webcomic.

Aten

Hey,

Im a friend of chris' this game looks great m8, must say thought it really is like indy 4 and the monkey islands.  But nice looking graphics I just hope that the game play is just as good.

And dont forget conquer :p

Anyways good luck with it, there just aint enough point and click adventures anymore, especially British ones.  WE ROCK.  HAHAHA italy we beat you bad.

Dan

Cluey

Well, im getting my mate Tim (who's been playing adventure games for a long time) to help me think of some deviously nasty puzzles.

The chances of this, a two man project being as good as any of the games it got it's heritage from is next to none, you can't beat the good ol' Lucasarts games.
Aramore
My webcomic.

Cluey

Phew, it's been a while, and almost no progress made, I'm thinking of not using Proskrito's SCUMM template, as I'm not sure how to get the Open, Close, Give etc functions working.
The only real progress I've made is finished all the main chara sprites and a new background.
Aramore
My webcomic.

Cluey

Well here I am, on the Darksiders yet again, done a new avatar from my new <dead> chara which gives you a small idea of what he'll look like (just change a few things, like skin/jacket colour and you've got it)
I'm not gonna post up ever new BG I do, but I have done one more which is just the second part of that corridor.
Aramore
My webcomic.

Cluey

Sorry, daily transfer limit, is 5mb, and Im using my host for much more than The Darksiders, if something doesn't show up try again later...
Aramore
My webcomic.

Cluey

Anyone got an idea where I can get a better Image host,
Im actually thinking of taking the old screens down here as they are now irrelavent...
I have done, but fear not, I'm having an entire Ripway account set aside for DS screenies, so It shouldn't be too much of a prob, hopefully....
Aramore
My webcomic.

Pet Terry

This looks and sounds pretty damn intresting. Keep it up, I'll be waiting for the full game.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Cluey

you may be waiting for a while, I wanna get a few graphics out of the way before I start <shudder>programming<endshudder> the game, I've said before Im not the best at programming, so I'll get some help off a few friends with "THAT" part!
Aramore
My webcomic.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk