AGS in Edge magazine

Started by Kweepa, Fri 03/12/2004 22:48:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Kweepa

In the latest issue (with the Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2, GTA: San Andreas reviews) there's an article about the revival of the adventure game.

A sidebar is devoted to AGS - with a screenshot from Grrrr! Bearly Sane. Way to go Duzz!

The article is pretty lame - it talks about the new BASS, the new TLJ, and TellTale games, but omits Autumn Moon.

Good to see AGS in another magazine, even one as wanky as Edge.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Moox

Never heard of the edge but thats some good news for AGS. Hope there is not a sudden surge of people coming to the forums all of a sudden. Is edge an ezine or a printed mag?

Kweepa

It's a British magazine.
It styles itself as sophisticated - which means low sales. := For some reason it's quite well respected in the games industry.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Eggie

I havn't read much of it but I always thought EDGE was pretty cool.
But, then again, I am incredibly out of touch with these...Gamer...types...

Pod

Edge is definatley a respected magazine.......hopefully it'll bring in the new types.

m0ds

I went to a quiz in a pub once that was held by EDGE, they promised Channel 4 stars Adam & Joe to be hosting it (which is the real reason my friend and I went :D) but they never turned up so instead it was hosted by another z list celebrity... I can't remember his name. :P

Good to see AGS is in that magazine :)

Pumaman

Hey yeah, whatever happened to Adam & Joe?

EDIT: and um yeah, to bring this on topic, it's good to see AGS in that magazine.

m0ds

They decided not to continue the Adam & Joe show, and went on to make comedy commercials - none of which I can remember or name but they were still funny :)

Steve - any chance of scanning in this mini article? Or snapping it with a digi/web-cam?

And CJ, any chance of getting my Mittens status back? Or a complementary "Mittens Founder" title even? ;)

wyr3x

PC-users (an Argentinian magazine), once had posted an article, speaking about AGS, .... i was impressed how long information can travel.
waiting for the AG of the century .....

Pumaman

Quote from: m0ds on Mon 06/12/2004 23:12:06
They decided not to continue the Adam & Joe show, and went on to make comedy commercials - none of which I can remember or name but they were still funny :)

Well well well, I don't think I ever saw any of those. The A&J show was great (at least, I think it was ... must be 5 years or so now...)

QuoteAnd CJ, any chance of getting my Mittens status back? Or a complementary "Mittens Founder" title even? ;)

The forum seems to have ballsed it up because your Moderator title is overriding your mittens one. However, if you look at your posts in the other forums, your Mittens Founder title is there in all its glory :)

Captain Mostly

Edge is horrible! It's one of those magazines that actually puts me OFF games if they say their good! It's really REALLY vile and snooty! I guess this is their "Style" but it just reminds me of the big fat stuck up nerd in our lectures who wears a "bloodfest" t-shirt, a ridiculous leather jacket and orange shades ALL THE TIME while being sychphantic to the lecturers and saying stupid (but un-justifyably sef-assured) things really loudly. AARG!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk