Problem - must do an action before others are allowed

Started by Uku, Tue 10/01/2006 14:18:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Uku

I'm doing a cristmasgame to a competition(one estonian ones) and i need to know,
how do i do so:
1)i come in a room and i cant go away first if i go to stadium and speak there(SANTA) and then go everywhere.
2)cant take(look and gives inventory item)CD from cupboard if not talked to SANTA

one word-how do i do so in AGS i can do or cant when something is done(like if i talk to santa then "thingi "is changed from 0 to 1 and i can talk to someone and take cd and go to different rooms(if thingi is 1 then go to room etc.)

EDIT//not so fast,deadline moved from10 januar to 20 so  its 10 days for me to finish(or start. still only graphic readyBUT 100%)so i wil thak you if jou can post your knowleges in 7 days maximum

thank you!
PS!sorry for my english.

Ashen

From the BFAQ:
Variables & How to use them
GlobalInts: your friend

And from the manual:
if ... else ... statements

Basically, 'thingi' would be a variable, and it's be exactly as you described it - set it to 1 when you talk to Santa (thingi = 1;) and check it before you allow the other actions (if (thingi == 1) ...). You can even use the 'Game - Set variable value' and 'Conditional - If variable is set to a certain value' interactions from the Interaction Editor, if you don't want to use scripting at all.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

Uku

so ags do have variables!seem they are similiar to GM

thank you for your help
PS!sorry for my english.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk