The AGS chain story, detective theme, finished now for your reading pleasure!

Started by Andail, Wed 13/02/2008 16:19:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Andail

This chain story has been finished.
This is the result. Read and laugh/weep:
http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/Another_Day.doc

Candall

Sounds fun!  I'd like to be in on this.

I don't mind being first, but if someone really wants it, that's fine too.  Wherever I may fall, my email address is menglen at hotmail dot com.

Akatosh

Sounds pretty promising - I'm in.

dyson.sphere AT web DOT de

FSi++

I'm in as well.

Edit: Oh, I need to give an e-mail...
fsi2nd < gmail > com

Emerald

Sure, sounds fun.

But isn't 200 words a bit small? I mean, even if we're writing a short story, we'd need at least 20 writers just to reach a decent length. A standard murder-mystery novel could range from 50,000 - 200,000 words...

Unless we go around in a loop.

Edit: Oh - emeraldfool-at-writing-dot-com

Vince Twelve

Count me in!

edit: oops Email vince at thexiis dot com

Secret Fawful

Tuomas

Guys  ::) The e-mails too :P

Count me in Andail, I like the idea. the e-mail is tuomasrenvall (at) hotmail.com

auriond

Me too :) I don't mind where I end up. The address is auriond173 at hotmail dot com.

[Cameron]

I don't want to finish it but hey I'll give a part of the story a good rollicking.
urquhart.cameron at gmail.com

LGM

You. Me. Denny's.

Stupot

I'm in.

But wouldn't it be simpler if we just PMed the story to the next person rather than emailing it?

stu@toxicsock.co.uk

Andail

I'm in :)
petterlj at yahoo dot se

Stupot, no it's much neater with a properly formatted word document. Especially when the story reaches a couple of pages, having a huge block of text as a pm is just an eye sore.

By the way, the reason I picked Monday was because I'll be away a couple of days. We could shorten the signing up-deadline to Saturday if you think we have enough writers by then. Of course, the first person on the list (that would be Candall) will have the responsibility to start at that date.

Babar, you need to reply again with a post at a position you prefer, and I'll remove your first post. This goes for the rest also; the order of the posts is the order we write in. If you don't like your position, then reply again and I'll erase the first post. Don't post in a position you don't want to write in.

Babar

babark at gmale

Edit by Andail: This post determines your position in the chain.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Stupot

Andail, good point about PMing being a bit of an eye-sore.

How about making a list of the order in your original post so that we can refer to it nice and neatly?

[THIS IS MY SECOND POST IN THIS THREAD.  I WILL HAVE ALREADY PLAYED. DON'T SEND ME THE STORY AGAIN.  SKIP TO THE NEXT PERSON IN LINE]

voh

Still here.

Emerald

Quote from: Babar on Thu 14/02/2008 12:52:35
Me again, with position number 4 (after candall and 2 others).

babark at gmale

What does that make me?

Babar

My understanding is that if you want to be before me, you'd edit your previous post in this topic along with the position you want. If you want to be after me, edit the post you just wrote, and Andail will delete your previous one. If you wanted to be fourth, then you'll have to kill me.

About your previous post, I think 200 words is a goodly sized bit of writing, allowing us some space for writiness, without making us have to go one and on within the the small slot of the story we've been given. I'm pretty sure we're not trying to write a novel here, and if we were, it'd be damnably difficult to read it all without printing it out.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Venus

Count me in, too.

venus at pointnclick dot de

Got a new email address. Already pmed it to voh.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk