Menus!

Started by Goldie, Thu 12/03/2009 23:48:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldie

How would I recreate a menu similar to the default menu in AGS?
Jesus said,"Take up your cross and follow me.You will be persecuted."/        I did.

Jakerpot

? Can you be more specific please? You mean like the demo game? Read the manual in the GUI's part, or make a room.
Making the menu room the first of the game and some hotspots as the buttons, or objects, or making as a GUI appearing on the first screen of the game. You choose.

Goldie

The one where when you make your own game with a default template that you move your mouse over to walk, interact...
Jesus said,"Take up your cross and follow me.You will be persecuted."/        I did.

Jakerpot

ahn, the GUI you mean? The one wich has the save, load, see, talk and other buttons? Please use the search button up there, before posting, you will find loads of stuff, and also read the tutorial, and manual, not just what you need to know, but read it all, so you will have all the knowledge to make a game.

suicidal pencil

Jakerpot is correct. Reading the manuals, while boring, is very useful. You can also make use of 'F1' while developing. That saves lots of time.

But to make it drop down from the top of the screen, you can just fiddle with some of the settings when creating the GUI. (Right-click 'GUI' in the tree, click 'new GUI', and mess with the settings.)

Trent R

You can simply edit the default one, so you wouldn't have to start from scratch. That's why the Default Game template exists.

~Trent
To give back to the AGS community, I can get you free, full versions of commercial software. Recently, Paint Shop Pro X, and eXPert PDF Pro 6. Please PM me for details.

Current Project: The Wanderer
On Hold: Hero of the Rune

Swordwielder

Thanks for the help guys!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk