Hour Game - Saturday October 24th - WILD WEST ROMANCE! - VOTING STARTS NOW!

Started by AngelicCharon, Sat 24/10/2009 16:34:44

Previous topic - Next topic

AngelicCharon

Better late than never...

And yes, it's still on this week, with myself as host.

The usual info:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The purpose of Hourgame Saturday is, to encourage the amateur game-making, or to put it bluntly, to make you tear your ass off your chair and finally make something.
In this activity your task is to make an AGS game within a strict and a very short deadline (i.e. one hour).

Timeline:
The event will be taking place takes place Saturday, starting at 7:30 pm GMT (2:30PM EST, etc. etc.), when the theme is revealed on the IRC and in this thread. The participants then have one hour to make their entries and 15 more minutes for uploading. In brief: the deadline for entries is 8:45 pm.
Then the voting takes place till the Monday Morning.

Basic rules:
- Participants should join IRC for rules and updates, but stickam/tokbox is fine as long as there's someone to relay the information. (crap, I hadn't noticed this rule!)
- The theme is set by the previous week's winner and by the contest's host in event of his/her absence.
- While it is not forbidden for the theme-setters to participate in the activity, their games cannot be voted for (to prevent accusations of cheating and to discourage regular participation).
- Instead, theme-setters are encouraged to draw trophies for the contest's winners.
- Making your game from scratch is strongly encouraged, though it is not forbidden to use music or artwork from public sources if you are allowed to (e.g. using public domain music tracks in your game is OK, but not really necessary). It is also possible to use a pre-existent AGS template for your game (e.g. that Verb-Coin GUI template).
- You cannot use the stuff you've made earlier, because this competition is about making something new.

Uploading:
Suggested hosts to upload your entry to are:
- http://www.mediafire.com/
- http://www.sendspace.com/
- http://www.rapidshare.com/
- Or your own place.

Voting:
Just tell us your favourite game (and possibly a couple of less favourite ones), and hopefully someone will do the counting.

------------------

Sorry about the delayed notice on this, but it is the 'hour game', and it's basically run at the same time every week...so...yeah.

That said, going to start it (as it says in the post) 30 minutes later than usual.  This is to accomodate the slightly short notice and to allow a few folks from the IRC who expressed interest to join in.

Regardless, information will be available in the IRC channel, and I'll be posting the theme at 7:30PM GMT in this thread, as well as changing the thread title to accomodate that.

Look forward to seeing folks there!

Bulbapuck

I sadly won't be able to participate this week, besides that I implied to doing so last week :'(

Hope it will be awesome anyway, and hope to play some great games tomorrow :)

bicilotti

Who's in?

Because I didn't anything productive in the past 4 days, so I may be in.

AngelicCharon

The theme this week is ....

WILD WEST ROMANCE!

This can range from anything from cowboy/cowgirl, love triangles, love between a cowboy and a horse, love between a robot and a donkey in the wild west, doesn't matter, as long as the wild west and romance are involved.  Or a romance in the wild west.

Individual interpretations are completely welcome.

GOOD LUCK!

Also, one other small rule update.

ShiverMeSideways will be creating a music track within the hour.  This track must be incorporated into the game in question.  Other tracks are allowed, so you can choose to use Shiver's track to whatever degree you'd like.

bicilotti

FSi++

Gord10

In bicilotti's West Love,
Spoiler
How to use the flower? Which pixel did I miss?
[close]
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

bicilotti

Quote from: Gord10 on Sat 24/10/2009 21:11:46
In bicilotti's West Love,
Spoiler
How to use the flower? Which pixel did I miss?
[close]

Gord
Spoiler
mhhh, I tried *not* to insert pixel hunts in this one, but I must be wrong!. Use the yellow part of it on the lady
[close]

hope that helps

Dataflashsabot

True Love. Sorry for lateness by the way :)

AngelicCharon

Alright!  That does it for entries then.

Voting is now open from now until Monday.

Dataflashsabot

Reviews:
FSI's game had a great background and featured Monopoly.
bicilotti's game used the music better and I liked the neon-style of it.

I'm gonna go with bicilotti's West Love I think. Great compo, well done everybody!

bicilotti

About cowboy and a girl and a giant bear: interesting game with a "where's my inventory" hunt.  As a game of interaction, I tried to hurt the girl somehow (gun, alcohol, monopoly), not succeding, but the multiple endings made up for that.

True Love: lovely story told in a beautiful manner (clever usage of a dark room too).

My vote goes to About cowboy and a girl and a giant bear, if only for it is a game, where True Love, despite being fun, lacked any action.

FSi++

ThreeOhFour

Nice games everyone!

I liked all three and they all were funny, but my vote goes to West Love  ;D

AngelicCharon

Looks like West Love by Bicilotti is the winner here!

Thanks everyone for your participation, Bicilotti will host next Saturday!

Bici, contact me if you'd like a trophy or some sort of prize.

IndieBoy

Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk