The Official AGS Awards 2010 *LIVE* Ceremony Topic (Download)

Started by Dualnames, Thu 17/02/2011 12:47:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

AGS Awards 2010 *LIVE* CEREMONY

What is a live ceremony?
As an annual event, the AGS awards winners are revealed via a ceremony that so far has taken place on the IRC Channel. However the awesomeness of SSH's rendition of the ceremony, after it was concluded has led into this. A live ceremony is a ceremony where YOU control yourself.

How does it work?
Firstly thanks to Wyz's code (designed for this purpose mostly) we now can have the most awesome thing ever imagined. Or second close. Regardless everyone will be assigned of a person in the crowd. Now announcers when given the ability to announce will be ported on stage. The AGS executable offers automatic connection to the AGS ceremony channel, and only requires you to declare your nickname on start. It keeps log of everything individually.

Who's behind this?
Wyz, Dualnames, JimReed, m0ds, bicilotti and most importantly YOU.

It's not hard to use or to comprehend, it's designed for people that can't use the irc or don't want to download a client, or just want to make this MORE AWESOME THAN EVER.

DOWNLOAD LINK BELOW

CLICK HERE

*WATCH*

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

bicilotti

Modified the first post of the AGS Awards thread to mention this! ;)

WHAM

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Snarky

Monsieur OUXX

Suggestion: Make the date and time of the beta test more visible in your post.
About the "automatic connection bit"... There is no need to be on a home-made VPN like in CVB?

I'll come. For my avatar it could be the one from Cold Virtual Beer (easy), can I make my own? Does it have to be the one made by you?

SpacePirateCaine

Probably be laggy as all hell, but I'm game for it. Count me in.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Igor Hardy

Damn, I invited like 100 people already!

But screw them, just count me in.

abstauber

Yeah, I don't want to miss this either. Plz sign me up!

Dualnames

Quote from: Ouxxey_games on Thu 17/02/2011 13:19:34
Suggestion: Make the date and time of the beta test more visible in your post.
About the "automatic connection bit"... There is no need to be on a home-made VPN like in CVB?

I'll come. For my avatar it could be the one from Cold Virtual Beer (easy), can I make my own? Does it have to be the one made by you?

As much as I'd like custom avatars it's off-limits, as time is ticking away.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

abstauber

Quote from: Dualnames link=topic=42899.msg569561#msg569561

You mean it's too late to send you .chr files?  :'(

Dualnames

Quote from: abstauber on Thu 17/02/2011 13:57:14
Quote from: Dualnames link=topic=42899.msg569561#msg569561

You mean it's too late to send you .chr files?  :'(

No, but still no custom avatars. I'm gonna probably use them. For what we have now, people will be assigned the same character. We'll see on the following days, for now gimme all you got baby.

Kweepa

This is one of the coolest things ever.
Definitely in the running for best non-adventure next year!
I'm assuming of course that it works - I have high hopes!
Count me in.

[EDIT] I don't understand. Do you want custom avatars sent to you or not?
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Dualnames

Okay I think I might be able to code this. SEND ME YOUR CUSTOM AVATARS, if anyone wants his OWN AVATAR ONLY BY HIMSELF, gimme a password to code.

mode7

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Dualnames on Thu 17/02/2011 14:30:36
Okay I think I might be able to code this. SEND ME YOUR CUSTOM AVATARS, if anyone wants his OWN AVATAR ONLY BY HIMSELF, gimme a password to code.

Haha I don't care if someone is using my avatar. :-)
I'll make mine tonight.

You didn't answer my question about the connection: Will one nee dot be on a home made VPN (e.g. Log Me In/Hamachi) or does it work over the Internet?

Dualnames

Quote from: Ouxxey_games on Thu 17/02/2011 14:37:02
Quote from: Dualnames on Thu 17/02/2011 14:30:36

Haha I don't care if someone is using my avatar. :-)
I'll make mine tonight.

You didn't answer my question about the connection: Will one nee dot be on a home made VPN (e.g. Log Me In/Hamachi) or does it work over the Internet?

It works over irc. :D
Which means we get to see the log of the irc. And also our messages go over to the irc channel of the ceremony. However we got characters and see the show via an AGS executable.

AJA

abstauber

Oh, one last question: since we have a high-res background here. Which resolution/size should the characters have?

Dualnames

The resolution is 640x480. I still don't have the background yet since JimReed is working on it, and please don't take me wrong I'd like to use Ali's background like hell, but I want something more fitting in my ideas for now. I'm no arrogant cock. At least not on February. ;)

cat

I still don't fully understand how it will work but it sounds fun so I'm in!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk