PMQ Colosseum

Started by Icey, Fri 18/11/2011 19:14:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

Do you hate it when the forums go down and then you have to hang tight a few days until it comes back on. Well the problem will come to an end very soon with this!

Update March, 3
Let talk about the current state and the distant future for the PMQ Colosseum.
❄ICEYGAMES Thread❄

and presents

The gist of the story:
 Somewhere inside of time a great tournament is being held. Thousands of contestants have been picked to face off against many AGS heroes so that one can win the unknown grand prize. Play as ether Dave or Christen and venture through the floors of the coliseum. each character has their own story for the game and a separate set of AGS heroes to battle with.

AGS heroes list:

Dennis

Prick Peckard
Pib
Amber
Jakob
Red Riding Hood
Merick
Maeldun
Ug
Rosa and Joey
Latha

----------------------------------
There are total of 5 floors, and 28 rooms to run through in the game. there are 11/28 rooms that you will fight a AGS heroes[contestant] each before the opponent will look similar to his/her world.
Example:

If Dennis is the next opponent then the room before the battle with him with him will contain things that remind you of a OSD game.
------------------------------------------------

I am very bad at explaining things so I hope you understood it all. Btw, I need 4 more AGS characters for the game so if you would like for me to include your character then please just inbox me or you could also just drop a comment below. P.S. I am only asking for permission to use the given character in the game + a smalll chunk of the characters world. You are not required to do anything but just telling me what character I can use. All character will be redrawn to fit the games sprite style.

Also if you wondering what the hell Square Effects is then I will be more than happy to explain. SE is just a "label"
for a group that of things that will be used to create cutscenes movies and special effect sprites for the game. if it works out right then I will use the group in other games.

• List of things that are used under Square Effects

Ghost

Sweets, sounds a *bit* like Quake Arena, which is a good thing. And the fightings are popular too! Now I'm curious to see screenies- hurry hurry!  :)

As for "characters"- I could offer Red Riding Hood, a certain cake-loving zombie or an AGS-compatible version of the Doom Revenant, if any of those would fit your theme?

Icey

I choose Red. She would make a good addition to the game :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
major update!

Music!
We need a composer badly. One who can make "modern Fantasy" music. I will provide you with examples.

SFX
 Is there anyone out there who can find good sound effects or better yet make them?

Voice
 I would like to add full acting or maybe just for cutscenes.

Square Effects team
-------------------------
I need a partner who could help out with cutscenes editing in adobe after effects.

Ponch

Does that picture say Dennis' Christmas Home? I love Christmas! (I hope there are little blinking lights in the windows) :D :D :D

Icey

It actually says Christmas theme. How there will indeed be stuff like that.

Current locations
永遠の都
静かな森  
神秘的な町
スクエアモール

汚いスラム街
岩山
封じ込め実験室
バイオプラント
----------------------------
Eternal city
quiet woods
mystical town
Square mall

messy slums
Rocky hill
containment lab
Bio plant

Ancient kingdom
techno spot
paranormal ave
Local Pub

Shop

Khris

Apart from not previewing your post (it shows a no-hotlink image for me), why did you scale a 2448 x 2100 image to 620 x 640?
Let alone uploading it at this size, without fixing the angle?

If you rescale a picture, state either height or width, then the aspect ratio is kept and you don't have to guess.

(click for bigger version)

Ponch

Quote from: S3 on Sat 03/12/2011 20:29:36
how did you get the hot linking message if ponch could see it? odd....
Because I used my amazing super cow powers!  :=

Actually, I saw it the first time I clicked this thread. Now it's been replaced by a "No Hotlinking" image instead. So I guess my one click exceeded your bandwidth or something. Sorry about that.

Icey

Nothing to see here.

Tabata

Quote from: S3 on Sat 03/12/2011 20:43:12
I see. here you go.
Sorry for the bad quality.

There would have been no apology necessary,
if you'd simply thank Khris (because he already uploaded it in good quality for you) ::)

Icey

I know but I had uploaded it to my facebook so it turned into a jpeg. However I can now see that khris' pic is still seeable so ignore mine.

Darth Mandarb

STOP

Stay on-topic or this gets locked.

Icey

Ok everyone please only say or ask things strictly relavent to the game.

Also

UPDATE

Maeldun from a tale of two kingdoms will be entering the arena. I also for got about the main chracter for the game rock, rock ,rock(by dualnames) I still have my pass to use him in one of my games.

So now there are 2 slots left open for 2 more chracters so please do PM me soon if you would like to participate.

Ghost

I'm interested in the actual combat system- any news on that? Come on! Advertise!  ;D

Icey

Ok as for the combat system. It uses a brand new type of system that is more similar to the one I code for OSD: Last Boss. Some key features.

Command stacking*
  You can now stack commands on top of each other to achieve stronger attacks.

EX: Fire + Fire = Fira

or Fira + wind + earth = comet

Rows III*
  In battle your character is able to move around the map. There 3 rows the player will have the choice to position themselves on top of. An indicator at the top right corner of the screen will display etherare1,are2,are3,

When in row 3 the player will take low damage and attack with his current attack int, however when in row 1 he will attack with a higher int but he will also take greater damage. lastly in row 2 every thing will be normal.

There is a few more but I am going through a brain freeze right now so I will update this later on.

Update

Rosa and Joey will be joining the game. Now I know what your thinking "what that's not fair! I said only one". The thing is they always work in together so thats why they count as one person. In the game Rosa can't deal Magic power so that's where joey steps in. The only thing though is I don't is if I will have them share HP or if I will give them separate HP.

edit by darth - unneeded double post combined

Update

Latha from technobabylon is the last character to make an appearance in the game.

Moogle

Will this game have music made by the same person who is making the tracks for PMQ Legends?
OSD online

Icey

Nope as he is currently busy right now doing some music for his film so PMQ also won't be coming out until he is done as the music is whats missing.

On topic

UPDATE

This is just some notes on how the battle system will work(which also fully answers ghost' question.)

Icey

UPDATE

1)Battle pics

Here you can see how the battle system will look with this In-game shot.

2)Quest and ?

What's a game with PMQ characters and no quests? Not this game. When you go from world to world you may noticed people with a over there heads. This indicates that person has a quest he/she would like for you to take on. From killing 5 monsters to defeating colossal figure, each quest will always be different they help with gaining EXP.

Now people with over there head is still unknown as I had the idea to include it but I have no thoughts on what to uses it for. But maybe in the next update I will post something new on it.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I like that your combat models are getting a bit more sophisticated, but what's the difference between Attack and Ass...ualt

Icey

Attack is your normal attack. Assault is the command that will (in this game) fire you special move or what I call the "Limit break" move :)

Both Dave and Chris have different special attacks.

You can can see in this picture of OSD, at the top there's a bar that says Soullimit. In both games you do not start the battle with the assault command or card. As the gauge builds up the command will be add to your menu. then it will leave after the battle or once used.

Ponch

I have to hand it you, Icey. This game looks interesting -- provided that you can actually finish something this ambitious in time for the bake sale.

Good luck. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.   :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk