The Tablet of Altheria (Latest news: 6/18/04)

Started by BerserkerTails, Fri 17/10/2003 05:18:49

Previous topic - Next topic

BerserkerTails

Who said High School was easy?

Jon Rutherford isn't a cool kid. He doesn't play sports, isn't in band, or any particular after school activities. He has two friends; Claire, his girlfriend and Peter, who he's known since grade two. Life is normal for Jon, until one day he and his friends stay behind after school for help. After a very nasty blow on his head, Jon finds himself trapped in the abandoned and dark school.

*  Explore Craig Park High School, finding ways past locked doors and searching for your friends.
    * As you explore, uncover secrets about the school's past, and about the hooded figures perusing the hallways.

That's the main plot synopsis of my game. This is my first game made using AGS. It runs in 320 by 240, and features completely original graphics, and original music . The game will be full length, with a light hearted turned dark atmosphere and interesting plot.

Latest Dev. Journal June 18th - 2004
Well, I've been hard at work on this game again. Working valiently, just trying to get further and further into the game. I've now completely finished the GUI, complete with custom Save/Load GUIs, custom Inventory GUI, and a custom QUIT GUI. Whoo.

Artist needed? Well, back when I was working on this game before, Evil had signed up to do some Dialog Portraits. He made the one in the screenshot below. I don't know whether he's still interested in doing the rest, but if not, I'm on the look out for a dialog portrait artist! Must be able to capture relatively the same still of the dialog picture below, doesn't need to be coloured. If interested, PM me and I'll send you some sprites to try out!

Beta Testers! The rest of the IA team has been testing and trying the current Beta, but Snake, if you're still interested, you can still be a beta tester too!

That's all the news updates!
But for now... Gaze upon screenshots... Go on... Gaze...

Jon talks about his best friend Peter.

The intro to the game features an authentic, old english witch burning.

Shadowy figures talking about the main character...

The office, complete with the eccentric secretary, Ms. Bouchard.
I make music.

jaz

The screenies look quite good and cartoony but I think that just a little bit of shading would make them even better. I guess you should try it 'cause I see a great potential in them. I'm looking forward to a game.

BerserkerTails

(EDIT)

I've added more shading to the three bottom backgrounds, hence why the screenshots are out of date.
I make music.

BerserkerTails

(Sorry for the double post!)

Re-edited the first post with a new screenshot and more information.
I make music.

Snake

This game sounds awesome! I also love the graphics...

I love the whole idea of Jon waking up in a deserted school...sounds a little eerie ;) When you get some music done, will you let us preview one or two?

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Darth Mandarb

Gimme a "P"

Gimme an "O"

Gimme ... ah hell with it.  I'll just say it.

Potential!!

This looks neato!  Good luck and keep us posted!!

]).]v[.

Vel

This looks great!
Looking forward to playng it!

BerserkerTails

Due to me getting off my fat-ass and learning how to script, the game is running even better than ever, with Skippable Cutscenes (Well, the one cutscene done is skippable), yay!

Also, I've begun work on music... Within the next few days, I'll have a track up for consumption and critique.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, it's fueled my motivation big time!
I make music.

sergiocornaga

BerserkerTails

Okay... I lied. Here's the first track from the game, which plays during the witch burning scene (So for greatest effect, look at the witch burning screenshot while you listen).

Oh and Snake, this one's for you, heh.

http://www.ssonicnet.com/lobt/burning.mid
I make music.

Snake

Good stuff! Thanks 8) Just by looking at the BG and listening it seems like it'll fit pretty good...

Keep up the good work!

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

jason

Cool, this game is shaping up real nicely! I can't wait to try it out.

BerserkerTails

I make music.

adanzis

i can beta test... i helped betatest part one of the upcoming LSL3... i'm very good at finding spelling/grammar mistakes especially

BerserkerTails

Adanzis: I PMed you.

*BUMP* due to update of first post.
I make music.

EKM

Man, I wanna play Craig Park high school!!!!

I wanna play any game that has you exploring a school or a neighborhood!!!

sergiocornaga

found a title screen artist yet?

I might apply, if not. What would I have to do?

BerserkerTails

I've found an artist, yes. But as of right now, he's only doing dialog pictures. So if you want, you can still try to draw a title screen. For now, just try drawing the main character (Jon Rutherford) pictured in the top post.
I make music.

BerserkerTails

Edit the top post. The demo's ben postponed, don't know whether I'll actually release a demo, or just wait for the entire thing ot be finished. Even if I choose the second option, Betatesters will still get their demo to betatest, since I don't want to leave them out of the loop ;)
I make music.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk