AGS 3.3 Wishlist

Started by subspark, Tue 09/12/2008 03:34:03

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

I really wish we had the ability to change the highlight colour when mousing over text using the standard dialog gui (bottom of screen) style.

A game variable similar to game.text_shadow_color would be awesome - and it's the one colour we can't seem to change in game :(

Danman

There is one feature I would always love. A Flood Fill to walkable area tool. I believe it would be very useful.
(When I say Flood fill I mean with only colors like just white)  Especially for Sketches

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Danman on Tue 30/03/2010 16:52:03
There is one feature I would always love. A Flood Fill to walkable area tool. I believe it would be very useful.
But... there IS such tool  :-\

Danman

But for Colors only ??? . I never saw it.

Tentacles

I'm going to dare to be a little different here. Since I have more practice in ruby coding, perhaps maybe have a switch that turns on the ruby coding option?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Danman on Tue 30/03/2010 17:08:56
But for Colors only ??? . I never saw it.
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Can you elaborate?

Danman

Let say I draw a sketch out. I want only the area that I filled in red to be walkable. Like how Paint programs use the flood tool. But only to fill in that color to be a walkable area.

I got to be honest this is very hard to explain. I hope this makes more sense.
At the moment walkable areas, Hot spots, and Walk behind areas. Don't relate to the actual background.
Sorry but has Crimson Wizard pointed out. this feature does exist already.  :-[  :P Thanks Crimson Wizard.

Crimson Wizard

You can use masks to create walkable areas in AGS. Make a copy of your background in any graphic editor, then fill needed area with blue color, other areas with another colour (e.g. white). Then save as 8-bit image, and import as "walkable areas mask" in AGS.
If you need more separate walkable areas, you can fill them with other colours, like green, red etc.

Dataflashsabot

Requesting that you bring back the Make My Game feature, I found it very useful.

Digital Mosaic Games

It´s always annoying because I can´t script something with objects from a room in a roomscript when the Room itself isn´t open and the objects arent selected!
This should be changed.
And there should be more Regions because in some cases(in my case) it is helpful to have more.

These are the things which I can think of at the moment.

monkey0506

@NEON:

1. You say "objects from a room in a roomscript"..The only time anything in the room script (roomX.asc) will ever be executed is when the room is loaded. If I'm misunderstanding you then..perhaps are you saying you have to open the room for editing to edit the room script? Coz you can open the room script without opening the room itself..Or maybe you're saying that to link any events to room objects you have to open the room..? To me that's no different than having to open a character's pane to link events to the character. Maybe a better suggestion in this case would be context menu options for rooms to more easily open a room for editing and select a specific item such as hotspots, rooms, walkable areas, etc. with a single command instead of having to open the room, then select the item from the drop down. I could see the usefulness of that particular idea..

2. There's ways that you can work around the existing limit such as reusing regions and checking co-ordinates to simulate new regions. If you can present a reasonable case for why you'd need more regions CJ might be able to raise that limit though..

Digital Mosaic Games

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Wed 31/03/2010 00:23:56
@NEON:

1. You say "objects from a room in a roomscript"..The only time anything in the room script (roomX.asc) will ever be executed is when the room is loaded. If I'm misunderstanding you then..perhaps are you saying you have to open the room for editing to edit the room script? Coz you can open the room script without opening the room itself..Or maybe you're saying that to link any events to room objects you have to open the room..? To me that's no different than having to open a character's pane to link events to the character. Maybe a better suggestion in this case would be context menu options for rooms to more easily open a room for editing and select a specific item such as hotspots, rooms, walkable areas, etc. with a single command instead of having to open the room, then select the item from the drop down. I could see the usefulness of that particular idea..

2. There's ways that you can work around the existing limit such as reusing regions and checking co-ordinates to simulate new regions. If you can present a reasonable case for why you'd need more regions CJ might be able to raise that limit though..

1. I mean when I want to script "oDoor.Visible=true" in RoomX.asc and I want my little "Script-Help-Window" which shows you if you have everything written right, I must have open the RoomX and select "Objects" that my "Helping-Window" appears.

2. Because it´s a simplerway to have more regions.

Jim Reed

Dear Santa!

I would like a brand new toy car, and a way to make diagonal loops more customisable.

You see, as most of the games have some kind of a perspective that is not pure top-down, diagonal movement shouldn't be used in conjuction with orthogonal movement on a pure 4:4 basis. The diagonal movement should be more closer to the horizontal axis than the vertical axis. Unfortunately, not all games have the same perspective, so it would be nice to be able to chose at what angles shoud diagonal movement be used.

I hope you get my meaning, or I could provide a graphic example.
Obviously there is a coding workaround for this, so it isn't a top priority wish. But I still want a brand new toy car!

helios123

A very basic, template based character editor, like SSH's WalkCycle Generator, would be a welcome addition, as it would speed up the process of character creation, especially for newbies or those who suck at drawing, such as myself.

Native Parallax Scrolling would also be nice, as I think it would me more faster than doing the same through scripts...
That's all for now,
helios123

Clarvalon

My wish?  That v3.2 be the last, so I'm not forever playing catch-up or concerned by feature-creep  :)
XAGE - Cross-Platform Adventure Game Engine (alpha)

subspark

I agree with Jim Reed.

While I'm working on a whole new pathfinder system with a friend, I still stand by the suggestion of native support for a tool in which we can define the angles at which diagonal loops are activated.

We'd just have to place two symmetrical points down in the room editor.

Cheers,
Sparky.

Crimson Wizard

I have a suggestion to make "Display multiple icons for multiple items" variable a member of Character or Inventory Window instead of global setting.

Sadistyk

A 'Width' and 'Height' properties for the 'Graphic' member of the 'Object' object.

GarageGothic

Quote from: Sadistyk on Mon 05/04/2010 01:19:52A 'Width' and 'Height' properties for the 'Graphic' member of the 'Object' object.

The Graphic property is just the sprite slot number, so to retrieve the height/width, you can read Game.SpriteWidth[oMyobject.Graphic] or Game.SpriteHeight[oMyobject.Graphic].

Dualnames

How about walk-to-points property (X +Y) not read only.

hotspot[].WalkToX; is as it is now, read-only, I'd love it not to be. It's not a major thing, but it could help me in certain occasions, that I skipped with a workaround.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk