Fatal Exception Help (Error told to post for help)

Started by fulkramick, Tue 13/03/2007 03:46:12

Previous topic - Next topic

fulkramick

Thanks for helping. I've read this site and tutorials for hours, and for the past three months all of the information has kept me from -having- to post, but I am at my wits end. The game is nearly complete, and when I test it on my PC through the editor, and two different comps with different specs, the game crashes when I go from Rm8 to Rm9 (which I realize means nothing). Here's the error message:

An exception 0xC0000005 occured in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x10001F26;program pointer is +1099, ACI version 2.72.920, gtags(0,34)

AGS cannot continue, this exception was fatal, etc.

When I test from the rooms beyond it, it's completely fine. I disabled an animating object that appeared just before you switch rooms, and that didn't help. I am running the "Lake 1.0" module in that room, but not the next.

Lake mod:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=27356.0

There's also two objects, one continuously animates (light) after you walk onto a region, and one (ladder) merges into the background after it moves from A to B. These actions happen on the same region.

If any of you can give me a few minutes, I'd really appreciate it. I have put a couple hundred hours into learning this editor and creating my game, and this has been my toughest obstacle; I've found every other answer in the forums (no matter how long it took!)
Thanks again.

Pumaman

With that sort of error, probably the only way to solve it would be to upload a copy of your game so that we can try it out and trace the fault.

If you don't want to make it public yet, feel free to PM me a URL to the game instead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk