Error in TUM

Started by MachineElf, Mon 30/06/2003 12:22:24

Previous topic - Next topic

MachineElf

When trying to run Ratracer's TUM (The -something- Machine) I get the following error:

"Illegal exception"
"An exception 0xC0000005 occured in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x004B036A ; program pointer is +0, ACI version 2.54.522, gtags (0,0)"

I have no idea what this could mean, has anybody else experienced this with this game. It's version 1.1 of the game btw.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

MachineElf

Just noticed that this seems to happen with all AGS games when I run them in windows!
The newer ones gives an error message just like the one above while the older just crashes. This certainly didn't happen before! Has anyone else experienced this? How can this be?

Note: I use Win98 SE (=crap...).
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Timosity

I use win98se and I have never had that problem, very strange

have you tried playing around with the games setup options, otherwise someone else may have a solution.

MachineElf

I found out what it was. I couldn't use the DirectX-drivers, so it's a sound card issue.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk