Freeze on test game.

Started by renn_inoue, Sat 12/07/2003 14:54:25

Previous topic - Next topic

renn_inoue

I have a wierd bug that pops up since I started creating my adventure game.   About every 4 or 5 test runs, my computer freezes with a black screen, and the only way I can get control back is to restart my computer.  The Control and Alt escapes don't work.  I am currently using high-res backgrounds and high res sprites, but this problem started occuring even before I made the sprites.  I've had this problem since my first imported background.  Could it be my backgrounds?  They are 640x400.  

I suppose since it loads every 4rth of 5th time without any problems, its not a serious issue.  But it does get annoying having to restart my computer on test runs.  Anyone have this problem before?

PeaceMan

Are you testing your game in a window?
That sometimes causes a problem.

Scummbuddy

there is also the run around of testing the game by actually clicking on the file in the folder, and not using the menu test game selection.

we get this question every now and then, sorry its happened to you.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

renn_inoue

Nah, it's okay.  I'm working around it.  Thanks for the suggestion, guys!  Glad it's not just me.

Pumaman

Yeah it's strange this - the Test mechanism doesn't work properly for some people, and we haven't been able to nail down the problem.

The easiest solution is just to make a shortcut to your game EXE in the Compiled folder, and use that shortcut to test the game instead of the editor menu option.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk